HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

"Thank You" isn't enough. I'm simply overwhelmed.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Yesterday I received a package from Shaun Drinkwater that made my eyes fill with tears. Richard kept handing me tissues as I explored the contents and read the message enclosed.

On another thread I had made a comment regarding arriving back in the States with no items from Haven. Not a photo, a program, simply nothing and laughed that our friends here probably doubted the Club's existence.

Shaun Drinkwater and William Rudd did something so kind, so thoughtful, that my eyes are getting misty again. My surprise package yesterday consisted of a Cumbria shirt and Calvert hoody from Mr. Rudd and a Haven PNG top, two scarves, a hat with pin and TWO photographs, including one of the incredible "Marras on Tour" immediately following the news of our safety in the Championship last year from Mr. Drinkwater.

The PNG Shirt and two photographs will be framed and mounted this week ready to be displayed in our home with place of pride.

It was the Fans and Supporters who created my enthusiasm and commitment to WRLFC2010. My belief remains that the Club exists solely due to its incredible followers and long before I learned what a prop was I knew what a powerful and positive force those who came through the gates were to the Club's future....

...but to do something like this? I can't stop being a teary eyed silly woman who knows she is truly blessed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202252188986608&set=a.2827190579361.98981.1846954442&type=1&theater

Offline wickerman

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2015, 10:00:08 am
Nice work lads!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2015, 11:42:45 am
It was just a small gesture for you jd for all your support for the away travellers and what you do for our club thanks also to billy rudd for his help
born and bred haven.

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2015, 06:00:25 pm
Fantastic gesture I'd say. Well done!
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2015, 06:06:05 pm
Superb lad's well done.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2015, 06:31:07 pm
Very nice thing you have done there Shaun
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."