HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Touring Photographs

Offline Marc Humphreys

• Academy Star
on: 26 Apr 2016, 01:16:33 pm
The club is trying to replace all its old touring photographs but are finding it difficult sourcing them.

Does anyone have a contact?

A.Hewer G.M.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2016, 02:37:47 pm
I seem to remember there were some on the wall in the bar including Dick Huddart etc in 1958. Else the RFL  must keep some. I know there is no Rugby Leaguer archive which is a shame. Most publications used to keep there back copies on a thing called a "Fiche" or something like that. I would have thought some of the older journalists would know where these are now. I know I used to go through allsorts in Leigh library in the 70's and 80's.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2016, 02:49:03 pm
I seem to remember there were some on the wall in the bar including Dick Huddart etc in 1958. Else the RFL  must keep some. I know there is no Rugby Leaguer archive which is a shame. Most publications used to keep there back copies on a thing called a "Fiche" or something like that. I would have thought some of the older journalists would know where these are now. I know I used to go through allsorts in Leigh library in the 70's and 80's.

there used to be loads in the lowther arms bar at hensingham when john tembey had it.
born and bred haven.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2016, 03:08:17 pm
 There used to be loads of tour Photo's going back to the year dot in the George Hotel in Huddersfield, where they went to after it closed, God only knows.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2016, 03:53:15 pm
There used to be loads of tour Photo's going back to the year dot in the George Hotel in Huddersfield, where they went to after it closed, God only knows.

They were owned privately by a number of people

Stevo was involved so the club might be able to find out from him