HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Director Recruitment

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 08 Jul 2016, 10:31:27 am
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/Haven-are-seeking-more-directors-2ad87eb4-dc0f-49e8-a33c-2e46e0aea4e9-ds

Whitehaven will continue to look for additions to the boardroom following this week’s appointment of two new directors.

Peter Boyle and Phil Barwise have joined the Recreation Ground boardroom after an active campaign by the club to recruit more directors.

Chairman Tommy Todd said: “You can never be short of people who are prepared to work hard for the club in different roles, everyone pulling together for the benefit of Whitehaven RLFC.

“Peter is well known in the community for his work with high profile sports stars, bringing them to venues in Whitehaven to speak.

“We are hoping that his expertise in that field might enable us to put on similar events in the JJ McKeown bar at the ground.

“Peter is a lifelong Whitehaven fan, known locally as Frenchie, and we are delighted to have him on board.

“It’s also nice to welcome back Phil Barwise to the club. Like Peter he works in the nuclear industry, and after a spell off the board he is no able to return and I am sure he is going to come-up with new ideas from which the club can benefit.”

Whitehaven might have the threat of Championship One rugby hanging over them but they are certainly taking a positive approach to their battle for survival which will be decided over the next ten games.

“We’re planning to be in the Championship next season,“ said Todd, who confirmed that the club will be advertising for a new coach in the rugby league trade press on Monday.

James Coyle will be standing down after the final game of the season, at home to Sheffield – which it is possible could be a shoot-out to stay in the Division.

But Whitehaven don’t want the uncertainty of their future to go down to the final game and hope to clinch safety before then.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2016, 10:58:19 am
Just like to point out that the Sheffield game is NOT the last game of the season. There are 7 more games after that and we need positive leadership for those matches. We don't need a demob happy coach who ain't bothered either way if go down or hang on.

I'm  not saying that Coyle doesn't care but I'd like to see some positive commitment from him not excuses for failure.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!