HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Kyle amor, lack of local talent in Cumbrian pro teams

Offline Top marra

• Academy Signing
I have just been reading today's rugby league express with much interest, Kyle amor reckons Cumbrian teams have lost their identity due to signing to many players from outside the county. I can only speak about haven as town still in the process of building a squad . Out of twenty four players currently signed up for haven, 2 overseas players, 7 from outside the county and the other 15 are locals. Think Kyle should check up his facts before making comments about his former team. Wonder how many overseas and out of county players are  playing for St. Helens !!!

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2016, 01:14:59 pm
Well said that man.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2016, 01:23:45 pm
 Another local Craig Calvert has signed.

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2016, 01:30:54 pm
I think Kyle would be looking at last year's squad and may not be up to speed with our progress

Offline nuttyandrew

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2016, 01:47:43 pm
He is obviously referring to recent years and who would argue with that. Why do some people look for trouble when there isn't any

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2016, 02:44:42 pm
At the recent fund raising night he was talking rubbish then about we should merge with Town as it's the only way we will see gates of 6000 like when he played for us, (can't remember that). Yes there his views but as someone said how many born In Saint Helens lads play for them not many I would say
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2016, 02:53:46 pm
Gates of 6000 ??? not in recent years and certainly not at the time Kyle was playing - maybe one knock to the head too many, time for a rest and a bit or catch upon local reading.

Offline Top marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2016, 04:20:55 pm
He is obviously referring to recent years and who would argue with that. Why do some people look for trouble when there isn't any
Could you please explain how I'm looking to cause trouble. All I have done is state the facts that Kyle is clearly unaware of. Like I've said in my post be interesting to see how many locals play for St. Helens. I could also argue about how unfair the RFL share money out, and maybe that's why Cumbrian teams are struggling while SL clubs can bring in over paid, past it NRL players in abundance.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:05:21 pm
Saints have a great academy set up and are probably only 2nd to Wigan in bringing through these young players.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:05:05 pm
But where the academy players come from ie St Helens?
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:14:22 pm
But where the academy players come from ie St Helens?

Like all successful clubs they will spread their net far and wide but a lot of St Helens,Wigan lads will be in the system.

Offline Ratchet

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:42:24 pm
22 of the 34 in saints first team squad last year played in their academy system. Interesting that wanting more locals in the Haven side is all Kyle is suggesting , the very point most on here have been saying but suddenly it's an issue.

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:46:52 pm
This site could do with a like button for such posts?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:46:59 pm
Didn't see him speaking out when Saints DR players were keeping out our own youngsters.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #14 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:58:49 pm
Gates of 6000 ??? not in recent years and certainly not at the time Kyle was playing - maybe one knock to the head too many, time for a rest and a bit or catch upon local reading.
7259 at the Cas game
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA