HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Share Issue 2017

Amanda · 56 · 2554

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
on: 03 Nov 2016, 10:23:13 am
Whitehaven R.L.F.C. (2010 Ltd.) would like to announce that they will be having a new share issue.

The articles of association allow us to issue up to £500,000 worth of shares.
Any member of the public can apply to subscribe.
The shares will be issued in blocks of £500 or multiples there of.
Fans can combine to buy blocks if they so wish.
The cost can be spread by S/O quarterly if wished.
The B.O.D. on top of their existing holdings have committed to purchase the first £20,000 worth.
The aim is to widen the shareholding of the club.
It is hoped that some subscribers will continue on an ongoing basis.
This to put the club on a much more sound capital basis.
It's hoped that a much increased share base will begin the process of bringing some measure of future sustainability to the club and begin the process of ground development.
If Rugby League is to thrive in West Cumbria we as a community have to start investing in the future.
Anyone interested should ring the office on 01946 328338 for further details. Or contact any of the club's directors.

Amanda Hewer G.M.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2016, 11:25:12 am
Not too savvy with shares or share issues and I haven't read the companies articles of association.

However, is this realistically a share or is it in effect a donation? I.e. if it's a share when will the dividend be paid out? Assuming the club makes a profit that is?

And what voting rights does the share trigger? Is it 1 share : 1 vote?

Just looking for more info on you receive for purchasing a share of the club.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2016, 11:32:37 am
Amanda and 1873......idea good but 1873 is spot on....people need to know much more about what this entitles shareholders to and not to do.

First impression was 'great idea' but then 'hang on a second....what would we be parting with our money for ?'

Haven need to be more informative about the legal positions behind any investment people make.

I still own a seat in the  stand      or not.
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2016, 05:39:14 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2016, 03:46:16 pm
Amanda and 1873......idead good but 1873 is spot on....people need to know much more about what this entitles shareholders to and to do.

First impression was 'great idea' but then 'hang on a second....what would we be parting with our money for ?'

Haven need to be more informative about the legal positions behind any investment people make.

I still own a seat in the  stand      or not.

im very interested in this, yes people need to know what there buying into the after the seats fiasco.
born and bred haven.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2016, 03:57:00 pm
I'd be interested to find out more on this, should have put the full details out to stop any confusion, is it a donation?
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2016, 04:00:36 pm by kiss the snake »

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 03 Nov 2016, 04:02:43 pm
Hi All,
        I will get some more information for you all and get it out to you tomorrow.

Amanda.

Offline the good doctor

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 03 Nov 2016, 11:32:49 pm
a fool an his money are easily parted

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 04 Nov 2016, 06:05:09 am
I am happy to contribute to the club I love but no one has to contribute but don't denigrate me and others because we do, kindest regards

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 04 Nov 2016, 09:36:05 am
a fool an his money are easily parted

Is it not about time you got over your obvious grievance with the club.

If you are that way inclined why bother coming on the Forum.

HW

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 04 Nov 2016, 09:59:41 am
I'm willing to join with a group of 4 or 5.  500 quids a fair bit to wack out too many hols lined up next year

Offline Mike

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 04 Nov 2016, 10:10:38 am
I will be joining and my dividend will be that we continue to have an independent Whitehaven R L club.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 04 Nov 2016, 10:11:40 am
I'm willing to join with a group of 4 or 5.  500 quids a fair bit to wack out too many hols lined up next year

i will join you marra im sure simon taylor also will join us how about 5 of us get 1000 at £200 each.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 04 Nov 2016, 10:12:28 am
I will be joining and my dividend will be that we continue to have an independent Whitehaven R L club.

you fancy coming in mike. ring me
born and bred haven.

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 04 Nov 2016, 11:29:55 am
Dear supporters, 
          Just to clarify a few points.
Buying shares is not a donation.
You are buying and OWNING part of Whitehaven Rugby League (2010 Ltd.).
You will receive a share certificate.
You will be able to attend annual general meetings and any extraordinary meetings.
You will have your say in who runs the company i.e. you will be part of the process that will ultimately elect the Board of Directors.
The articles of association can be easily found on Companies House web site www.gov.uk/ch

We all know the state of R.L. in general at all levels in west Cumbria. People continually call for action to be taken and most of that is aimed at Red Hall but the situation is much more complex than simply asking for more money from Red Hall. The R.L. community has to also take a lead and this share issue is a small part in that action. Those people who shout for action need to take action themselves and support others who bring forward genuine initiatives. That is of course if you are wanting the game to thrive in the future.

The share issue we hope will be a continual form of investment, dividends can't be given if profits are not made, and profits can't be garnered without investment. The investment has to come first. To the chap who says "a fool and his money" well we at the club would love to hear his alternative for bringing hopefully large sums of money into the club. We will always listen and LEARN  from those who come forward with new ideas regarding funding. The club management, the V.P.s/H.H., T.I.H., the ground staff and quite a few volunteers all work unremittingly and unpaid to keep the club viable - but in today's climate and changing social attitudes and demographics and the uncertainty of when big inward investment into the area will be a reality, it's no good sitting back and waiting for things to simply fall, as if by magic into our lap.

This is another small but hopefully significant step forward by the club, it's a good example of the club trying to take a pro - active stance. There have been several responses already and hopefully over the coming weeks people will come forward to subscribe. There is no choice but to start and invest in the future and if we don't invest there is no future.

For and on behalf of the Board of Directors T.Todd (Chairman)

Amanda Hewer G.M.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #14 on: 04 Nov 2016, 11:37:17 am
so a great idea to buy a small share of the club.
born and bred haven.