HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Joint reserves teams

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
on: 18 Mar 2017, 03:54:35 pm
If every club teamed up with another to form a reserve team. This would help stop local lads giving up with no game to play after putting in the effort of training. I would come back into the fold to help a bit with funding.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2017, 04:49:35 pm
I would say a minimum of £20k required from each West Cumbrian club for this. However even if the club were all for it, would Town be?
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2017, 04:59:54 pm
30k a season
born and bred haven.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2017, 05:18:21 pm
30k a season

10 away games would eat up 20% of that figure in coach/driver hire alone.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2017, 06:01:34 pm
From what I've heard Haven were more than willing to consider this 18 months ago but Town and Mark Fryer seen it as a pre cursor to a merger and turned it down.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2017, 01:34:47 pm by Steven DeMont »

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2017, 06:39:31 pm
Totally wrong haven have been in favour of this for about 4 seasons,but town would not entertain it ,down to 1 person now he has gone ,it may change
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2017, 09:52:16 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2017, 07:08:41 pm
Think views could have changed since the departure of MF from Town, at the end of the day the way things are going something desperate has to be done, on the recent attendances and the introduction of the Leigh DR players any spare finances knocking about will soon be gone if it hasn't already.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2017, 07:34:18 pm
£30000 was quoted 4 years ago. The alternative is the status quo and that's grand. Neither team can keep hold of fringe players because they can't get a game or have a game to shine in. Many have talked about the old days and lads playing for their places.
Where do they play for their places pray.
Allez haven

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2017, 09:10:15 pm
£30000 was quoted 4 years ago. The alternative is the status quo and that's grand. Neither team can keep hold of fringe players because they can't get a game or have a game to shine in. Many have talked about the old days and lads playing for their places.
Where do they play for their places pray.

And where do we get this £30000 we have already lost the aecom money
born and bred haven.

Popularsider13

Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2017, 08:28:28 am
And where do we get this £30000 we have already lost the aecom money

Maybe make the forum1 a "pay per play"  :tip:

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2017, 12:01:56 pm
When we sign aplayer and they pack it in due to lack of playing time is that a zero cost. I don't know myself but hopefully someone does.
Allez haven

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2017, 02:46:43 pm
When we sign aplayer and they pack it in due to lack of playing time is that a zero cost. I don't know myself but hopefully someone does.

I wouldn't think these players sign for nothing if they want away and not prepared to fight for a place will they pay back the signing on fee
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 19 Mar 2017, 03:58:52 pm
Players get a signing on fee but it isn't paid in a lump sum, its spread out over the season usually, then they will have winning and loosing bonuses along with other little incentives, like play 5 games in a row and receive bonus ect, , But the DR players will be pay as you play and expenses, plus winning and loosing bonuses, a lot of these payments are kept between the individual player and the BOD, ALL HUSH HUSH,

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #13 on: 19 Mar 2017, 04:04:24 pm
So it should be, who else on here goes around their pace of work telling everyone how much they are on?
Players (and/or) their representatives negotiate a deal. If others can negotiate different terms then we'll done them. Not for others to negotiate a deal that suits them only to put pet lip out when they find out someone else was clever enough to get a better one

« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2017, 04:06:11 pm by jammy dodger »

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 19 Mar 2017, 07:29:20 pm
So the £20/30 K is a guess and if divided by two equals £10/15 K' Any way the method at the moment produces nothing but chaos and the loss of many players.
Allez haven