HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Richard Farrar

Guest · 11 · 1034

popularsider

on: 28 Jun 2007, 07:20:46 pm
the on trial u21s forward has been offerd a deal by haven and what the bod have offerd him is nothing short of pathetic they did this with craig mcavoy offerd him 2 pathetic deals and then came back with a good offer.

also the bod have been informed about sean flanagan and are doing nothing to sign the lad up, he was the stand out player for the kells u18s and in his apperance for the first team against hensingham he caused havoc

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2007, 07:35:55 pm
Look you can't go and sign every young player becasue on the day only 17 can play and we have a big squad for under 21s if we signed every young player you said we would have enough for two teams which really wouldn't be good because alot of them would be complaining about not getting a game.

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2007, 10:13:23 pm
are u21s have lost 4 players since they started and this week dont have babmer,benson and elsley might be banned chris smith a hooker looks likely he wil play 7 and gary johnstone in at 9, flanagan and farrar should have been signed up by now and apparantley ashley mcdonald has signed for town along with ty dalton those 2 were missed out on by haven dont let flanagan and farrar go aswell.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2007, 10:25:44 pm
elsley won't be missing as he won't be up until tuesday so elsley can play 7 with chris smith at 9 and johnstone on the bench, i hope we do sign farrar. were would u play dalton because bamba and elsley are better than him so he isn't much of a miss.

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2007, 10:33:05 pm
Town haven`t approached Ashley Mac`s amateur club regarding signing him on as a pro yet, but they did with Tyrone.
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2007, 11:38:19 pm
just what i was told gus that ashley mcdonald had signed up with town along with tyrone.

regarding ty he is a very promising half back and ashley elsley could have played 9 with chris smith off the bench

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2007, 10:19:04 am
After watching the u-21s last week, Chris Smith too me was the stand out player, yet you want to put him on the bench and play a half back at 9!

If Smith carries on improving, he could be the 1st team No9 for years too come. If Elsey was really that good, do you think Saints would have let him go.

TW

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2007, 01:01:10 pm
they let him go because of a kneee injury they thought he wouldnt be able to play again
haven till i die

newton

Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2007, 01:44:46 pm
nooooooo not another no 9

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2007, 06:13:47 pm
just what i was told gus that ashley mcdonald had signed up with town along with tyrone.

regarding ty he is a very promising half back and ashley elsley could have played 9 with chris smith off the bench

If he's that promising then what harm can playing for Workington Under 21s do. At that level it's just about playing and improving there game. It's no good Whitehaven going out and signing 30 odd Under 21s when they can only play 17 and hopefully most weeks get the chance to put a few half decent first teamers in (and Ricky Wright).

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2007, 06:29:17 pm
but weve let

farmer and salmon go. we need to pull in atleast 1 to replace those 2.

flanagan should be the lad.