HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Open fans meeting

Amanda · 39 · 2086

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
on: 14 May 2018, 04:56:33 pm
Following on from our successful first fans meeting we are now opening it up to all fans!

This Thursday 17th May 6pm

Amanda Hewer
GM

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 14 May 2018, 11:11:34 pm
a fans meeting now open to all fans? am i missing something?

Offline Mike

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 15 May 2018, 07:44:14 am
The first meeting was between the Board, VPs and Trust in Haven members to try and identify ways to help the club

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 15 May 2018, 10:56:19 am
Sorry Sandwithyan I didn't make that very clear but as explained by Mike the first meeting was with our support groups and their members and this one is now open to every one.

Amanda Hewer
GM

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 17 May 2018, 07:58:02 am
Got a feeling this is something as many fans as possible should attend
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 17 May 2018, 08:18:20 am
Got a feeling this is something as many fans as possible should attend

a great chance for fans to see whats going on behind the scenes and ask a few questions.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 17 May 2018, 08:49:51 pm

A very honest meeting with the board very disappointed with the fans turnout. There will be another in 6 weeks if fans are interested in the club.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2018, 08:52:41 pm by haven94 »
born and bred haven.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #7 on: 17 May 2018, 08:55:30 pm
sorry mate just couldn't make it due a family commitment. i honestly thought loads would have been there. 

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 17 May 2018, 08:58:18 pm

A very honest meeting with the board very disappointed with the fans turnout. There will be another in 6 weeks if fans are interested in the club.

3 days notice is not really good, and 6pm a strange time. I think we all know we are skint, and as hard as they are trying, folks aren’t coming thru the gates.

HW

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #9 on: 17 May 2018, 09:00:15 pm

3 days notice is not really good, and 6pm a strange time. I think we all know we are skint, and as hard as they are trying, folks aren’t coming thru the gates.

HW
Well the next one is 6 weeks see who comes
born and bred haven.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 17 May 2018, 09:00:31 pm

HW

But do we do something or fold?? Cannot expect directors to spend their hard earned money and every minute of their free time to (still not) please 4-600 folk
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 17 May 2018, 09:07:37 pm
I know several people who's kids have classes on a Thursday, (me included) who couldn't make it, really think this needs to be on a Friday or Saturday night to maximise attendance.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 17 May 2018, 09:11:13 pm
OK I'm sure the club can change the day if it means fans turnout. We need fans coming through the gates it's your choice either use it or we will lose it.
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 17 May 2018, 09:26:10 pm
OK I'm sure the club can change the day if it means fans turnout. We need fans coming through the gates it's your choice either use it or we will lose it.

Would maximise takings as well if SL was on in bar after.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 17 May 2018, 09:37:49 pm

Would maximise takings as well if SL was on in bar after.

Surely the club are not in a position to afford Sky Sports subscription.

HW