HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Shares - club valued at 100k?

1873 · 139 · 7065

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:51:36 pm
The club was folding after the Bradford game if they had not come in, so what ever happens from here is a bonus for the die hards who attend.

They haven't done anything yet ! This fundraising belongs to the fans/supporters of the club. I'm reserving judgment until more information is released and before I look to invest.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:55:55 pm
Haven't done anything other than sign a player, created a link with Serbia who is owned by a multi millionaire and garnered the interest of people to the sum of over 40k in less than a week.  I think that is pretty good going to be honest.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:57:51 pm
Absolutely.

Too many buried heads in the sand here.

From what I gather the club wasn't going to fold, the 60k was to be accrued to next year's budget so let's not pretend we are deaths door. Most pro sports clubs have debt.

That shouldn't be an excuse for turning a blind eye, not carrying out due diligence etc.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:00:12 pm
Two simple questions for the board?

1. Are shares available to buy at 5k for 5%?

2. If someone comes in and buys 55% of shares for 55k, where does that leave the consortium?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:06:49 pm
Absolutely.

From what I gather the club wasn't going to fold, the 60k was to be accrued to next year's budget so let's not pretend we are deaths door. Most pro sports clubs have debt.

That shouldn't be an excuse for turning a blind eye, not carrying out due diligence etc.

So, our coach is a liar then?

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:21:58 pm
Haven't done anything other than sign a player, created a link with Serbia who is owned by a multi millionaire and garnered the interest of people to the sum of over 40k in less than a week.  I think that is pretty good going to be honest.

None of which involves funding/investment.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:24:28 pm

None of which would of happened without them either.

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:26:38 pm

You underestimate the fans/supporters of the club.

None of which would of happened without them either.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:36:23 pm
Absolutely.

Then perhaps you should be performing due diligence on the people/person that has fed you this lie. As stated at the meeting, without any objection by the board, the club needed £93k to see the season out. Not a single penny of that £93k was to be pumped into next seasons budget, it was to pay off debts and the forecasted losses for the remainder of the season.

Possibly some of the £93k could have rolled over, but without further investment the club would have been in this position again next season, should the appeal have worked as the apathy from the town prior to this appeal has been well documented. Over a third of that £95k is due in June with another big chunk then needed each month. We have 1 home game in August, the maths (income) just would not have added up to pay these.

We are in special measures with the RFL due to the state of our finances, surely that alone tells you the seriousness of our financial situation when all the other clubs struggling are not under there’s measures. If this was  simple takeover and the club had a few months to prepare I’d fully agree but those gates were almost shutting. Christ even he players were met and explained too, funnily enough prior to our last 2 defeats as to the seriousness
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:38:39 pm
That isn't what I was told but I will take your word.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:40:51 pm
That isn't what I was told but I will take your word.

Foz said in an interview they were sat down and told there would be no club after Bradford, it isn't my word marra.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:48:41 pm
All new directors have to pay 5k to join the board thats nothing new

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2018, 04:16:07 pm
I will tell you one thing that would help the club massively and that is all those businesses who have taken out programme, matchday, pitchside board, etc.. and have yet to pay for them. Some of these businesses have since ceased trading, so that is now lost revenue but the club is outstanding a substantial five figure sum in total from all this.

I’m not going to name names as that would be wrong. We need these businesses to front up this money up whilst keeping a cordial working relationship.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2018, 04:19:03 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2018, 04:28:42 pm
I will tell you one thing that would help the club massively and that is all those businesses who have taken out programme, matchday, pitchside board, etc.. and have yet to pay for them. Some of these businesses have since ceased trading, so that is now lost revenue but the club is outstanding a substantial five figure sum in total from all this.

I’m not going to name names as that would be wrong. We need these businesses to front up this money up whilst keeping a cordial working relationship.

The way people are having a go at local businesses, I can’t see any wanting to Sponsor the club. These things work both ways, do the club owe any money locally?

HW

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 13 Jun 2018, 04:34:34 pm
Was said at the meeting we owed no money to anyone.