HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Shares - club valued at 100k?

1873 · 139 · 7061

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #30 on: 13 Jun 2018, 04:45:57 pm
I will tell you one thing that would help the club massively and that is all those businesses who have taken out programme, matchday, pitchside board, etc.. and have yet to pay for them. Some of these businesses have since ceased trading, so that is now lost revenue but the club is outstanding a substantial five figure sum in total from all this.

I’m not going to name names as that would be wrong. We need these businesses to front up this money up whilst keeping a cordial working relationship.

The way people are having a go at local businesses, I can’t see any wanting to Sponsor the club. These things work both ways, do the club owe any money locally?

HW

Of course they do, hence the need for the appeal to pay these monies but where is the business community in all this, especially those who owe the club?

I am not having a go merely pointing out that the fans are doing everything they can to ensure the club survives, which would result in making sure local businesses are paid what they are owed.

I doubt the receivers would be as polite!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 13 Jun 2018, 06:00:46 pm
Pot and kettle black springs to mind a little. We might just have to suck it up like they did 10 years ago.

So can anyone answer the question?

Does 5k get you 5% of the club? Does 51 k get you 51%?

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 13 Jun 2018, 06:58:06 pm
Pot and kettle black springs to mind a little. We might just have to suck it up like they did 10 years ago.

So can anyone answer the question?

Does 5k get you 5% of the club? Does 51 k get you 51%?

If you want to make a rival bid, I recommend you meet the board, demonstrate your funding and show them your plans / projections for moving forward.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 13 Jun 2018, 07:23:59 pm
Oh well after a week of real optimism with a view of actually continue to watch Haven for the next few years i read this thread and feel a bit of negativity. To try and bring it back up Ispoke to Stuart and his soon at newcastle and he gives me positive encouragement, seems a genuine decent guy and after seeing us suffer 2 recent defeats still shows a very big passion on his vision for our great club, i will hand over £250 on sunday which is 25 mates chipping in a tenner and make a draw for someone to win the season tickets....onwards and upwards.... :tip:

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #34 on: 13 Jun 2018, 07:39:00 pm
I totally agree marra, I had a good conversation with him myself and he seems very passionate. We couldn't continue as a club the way things were going and we should appreciate the input the consortium will bring

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #35 on: 13 Jun 2018, 07:43:40 pm
Negativity is the last thing the club and its sponsors need to be experiencing just now.

The club was on its way out two weeks ago, and now we have commitment from many and real hope for the future.

Rejoice at that and lets be positive about what is happening, what might happen in the near future and in the longer term.

We could all sit at home and dream up issues and questions about this and that, but instead lets move away from such things and become supportive of this opportunity and what we might be able to do for the club, (even if that's only getting down to the ground on match day and supporting the team).

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:06:19 pm
totally agree marra :tip:

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:28:01 pm
Look, it's really positive and great news there's some external interest in the club.

I'm just wondering what the motivating factors are. You see it in clubs all the time, mainly soccer, where new owners come in and promise the world. It often ends in tears. This may end in glory.

I just think it's fair to want more details. For example, What would the exit plan be? Sell up? What is the motivation?

I dunno maybe I'm just a miserable sod. But sometimes it's important to play devils advocate. As I say, many clubs have been burnt before and I don't want that for haven. Asking unpopular questions might help.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:39:21 pm
Fair enough marra plenty of people have asked me the same question.

I'm told the end game is to make Whitehaven rugby league self sufficient in three years time.

What will the consortium get. My guess is credibility which can lead to bigger projects than us. IE football. That's my thinking.

Anybody wanting to help us must be a good thing.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:54:32 pm
I've read most messages and I'm still at loss as to what is actually going on. Rumour of the club folding after the Bulls game is hard to believe. How do clubs like Hemel and Raiders survive on paltry gates.

Its great that someone is prepared to come in and save our club but I think back to when we played Catalan in the cup. I questioned why the club should spend £1800 for a coach to the airport for a handful of players and staff when cheaper travel could be found. It beggars belief with the club in such a financial mess that we could not find a cheaper alternative.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 13 Jun 2018, 09:00:21 pm
It seems like a lot of stupid decisions have been made during this and probably past seasons but hopefully that will change going forward.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 13 Jun 2018, 09:09:16 pm
I will be there from 1pm for any donations of change etc people have. Every penny counts.

Just giving page doing well and Bradford's is over £500

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 13 Jun 2018, 09:42:07 pm
But did all the sponsors agree to have a advert in the 2018 seasons programme or a board around the pitch, 

Offline The Jackal

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:23:58 pm
Look, it's really positive and great news there's some external interest in the club.

I'm just wondering what the motivating factors are. You see it in clubs all the time, mainly soccer, where new owners come in and promise the world. It often ends in tears. This may end in glory.

I just think it's fair to want more details. For example, What would the exit plan be? Sell up? What is the motivation?

I dunno maybe I'm just a miserable sod. But sometimes it's important to play devils advocate. As I say, many clubs have been burnt before and I don't want that for haven. Asking unpopular questions might help.

I've sat back and watched, read, & listened to all that has been going on in the last couple of weeks. I have to say I have exactly the same reservations as yourself. There has been a tidal wave of positivity and optimism, which is fantastic. But has anybody stopped to think WHY? What does the consortium get out of it? If their plans succeed and the club is self sufficient in 3 years they will still be in the hole for what £300k, £500k , more? As far as I know these people have no ties to the area, the club, or even the sport? So why are they doing it? Is the money being put in to achieve all the impressive plans as a business loan?
Back when Dick was the main man and the club was riding through it's best ever period it still wasn't sustainable without his generosity, so what has changed so much to give these people their money back? After all they are business men and not philanthropists as far as I can make out.
If I was well enough I would have attended the meeting, but my son attended and was of the opinion that the situation is that desperate that people were willing to take the chance whatever the future may be. Did anyone else leave with the same impression?

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:33:22 pm
Thank God it isn't just me who has some sensible concerns.

I just don't get it.

What is in it for them?

What is in it for Paul wood as well btw? Why wouldn't he just play for a local club if he wanted a game and to donate his time.

Something is not quite right here. The future of the club is the most important thing here so let's not be scared to ask questions. If there is an honest answer, the question will be welcomed.

I Will start with :

1: what is the motivation to donate 100s of thousands into a club you don't support? Or have no ties to?

2: what is the deal with Paul wood? Surely someone is paying him?

3: what is the exit plan? Is there a timeline on this ownership? Do you plan to sell?