HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 12 Dec 2018, 07:59:20 pm
Anyone noticing a load of adverts on the forum at the min or is it just me, it’s quite anyoying

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2018, 08:05:23 pm
Anyone noticing a load of adverts on the forum at the min or is it just me, it’s quite anyoying

No more than normal, since it changed format. But adverts keep it free,.

HW

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2018, 08:07:24 pm
see here........

It's full of advertising

This has been mentioned in another thread so I should probably explain the reasons.

For many years I had other websites that could share the hosting cost of the forum so it was just absorbed. That is no longer the case and I'm now at the point where it is the only site paying the cost.

This forum will always be free for members to access. There have been some suggestions to make it a paid forum, but it isn't something I agree with. I have therefore placed small advertisements at the top and bottom of the forum to help cover the costs (especially as I will be adding an SSL certificate shortly to improve security). The ads will only ever appear here and will not appear between posts - I've tried to keep it as intrusive as possible.

I hope people understand this and continue to contribute. The forum has been going since 2005 and I'm hoping it will continue for many years to come
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛