HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Oldham Home Game

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
on: 27 Dec 2019, 11:24:02 am
Oldham are claiming that the game at the Rec is now a 6:15 kick off. Did we have any say in this?
There will be an impact on the gate and many will choose to watch at home on the app I fear.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2019, 12:31:45 pm
We play them in Feb, it will be dark, unless our lights have been upgraded .

HW

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2020, 12:44:51 pm
Oldham are claiming that the game at the Rec is now a 6:15 kick off. Did we have any say in this?
There will be an impact on the gate and many will choose to watch at home on the app I fear.

https://www.facebook.com/WhitehavenRLVicePresidents/?eid=ARAFL0FPp4CyEi1AoCpuna4x6pjSSA2TPmAGknb-sOYE2tAJnM6HdbNK28qpqEcn-ffW7TmKn2K7kZ-I

Our game v Leigh on Easter Monday will also be streamed but still a 3 pm kick off.

It was agreed by all clubs a a Championship/League One meeting.

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2020, 05:39:39 pm
Lets hope someone checks the lights, I thought TV required a higher standard of lighting than spectators can comfortably watch the game. Does the club get any consideration re loss of potential gate receipts, from a selfish point of view it saves me a 300 mile trip but....

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2020, 05:58:33 pm
Lets hope someone checks the lights, I thought TV required a higher standard of lighting than spectators can comfortably watch the game. Does the club get any consideration re loss of potential gate receipts, from a selfish point of view it saves me a 300 mile trip but....

This is the RFL , so it will be a NO and NO

HW