HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mark Jackson best kicker

Guest · 8 · 1242

lowca

on: 17 Oct 2006, 05:58:52 pm

Mark Jackson is the best field kicker and goal kicker at Whitehaven. We need to utilize Jacko when he is on the field.

Where John Duffy makes us 20 to 30 metres from penalties Jacko would gain us 50 metres, he would also give the full back and wingers a torrid time with his positional kicking.

Carl Rudd has kicked well most of the season, But pressure got to him in play offs. Only kicked 3 from 8 against Rochdale and missed vital kicks which cost us game against Widnes.

Jacko should do field and goal kicking duties when he is on the pitch. Duffy and Rudd when Jacko is on the bench.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2006, 07:09:38 pm

Mark Jackson is the best field kicker and goal kicker at Whitehaven. We need to utilize Jacko when he is on the field.

Where John Duffy makes us 20 to 30 metres from penalties Jacko would gain us 50 metres, he would also give the full back and wingers a torrid time with his positional kicking.

Carl Rudd has kicked well most of the season, But pressure got to him in play offs. Only kicked 3 from 8 against Rochdale and missed vital kicks which cost us game against Widnes.

Jacko should do field and goal kicking duties when he is on the pitch. Duffy and Rudd when Jacko is on the bench.

I totally agree about His abilities and that hes probably the best kicker at the club BUT your kicker needs to be on the pitch for 80 minutes which sadly Jacko isn't.
How would another kicker feel knowing he only kicks cause Jacko is being spelled off, kicking is confidence related.

lowca

Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2006, 08:11:47 pm

It dosn't matter how the other kickers feel it is what is best for the team. The best kicker who is on the pitch at the time should do the kicking.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2006, 08:33:07 pm
He  is  a  good  kicker  especially  from  drop  outs,  penalties  to  touch  or  kicking  on last  tackle.  The  distance  he  gets  is  by  far  better  than  anyone  in  the  club  and  I  can't  understand  why  he  isn't  used  more  often  in  the  kicking  department.

As  mentioned  though  the  problem  is  he  isn't  on  the  pitch  for  the  full  80.  Most  he'll  get  is  maybe  40  or  50  if  that.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2006, 06:44:26 am
most people around me in the ground also agree,that jacko when on the pitch should be kicking for touch and drop outs,although duffys kicking game has improved of late,most of the season its been crap when going for touch,another 20/30 yards gain off a penalty means a big differance

haven1985

Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2006, 10:01:00 am
hE AS GOT A VERY GOOD KICK WHEN IT COMES TO GOAL LINE DROP OUTS havent really seen much of his other kicking games but what i have heard he is ment to be a cracker :P

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2006, 10:25:41 pm
We need Jacko to kick for us full time but as he his a prop he can't play 80 mins so as soon as jacko comes on he is kicker for everything he can kick everything and everywhere

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline the future calvert

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2006, 04:01:49 pm
i think jacko is class. jacko for kicker! :)