• Haven Immortal
on: 16 Feb 2020, 07:54:31 pm
Haven 14 - Oldham 16

Your Thoughts.........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:03:11 pm
Beaten at home by the 2 worst teams, im afraid i cant see a win coming, long season followed by relegation,
Up The Haven

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:05:34 pm
Beaten at home by the 2 worst teams, im afraid i cant see a win coming, long season followed by relegation,
Agreed.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:07:29 pm
Shocking performance our two starting props shacks & coward absolutely awfull neither could get back on side because simply too big. Take Dion out this team and we would be in an even bigger mess. Newts & Thompson best out a bad bunch. Someone mentioned Duel Deg if we want to stay in this league it’s a necessity.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:15:56 pm
Last set of 6 was a joke.  Pleased I was at work.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:17:24 pm
Very disappointing seems we aren't up to this level or want to be here shocking can't say much more other than its gonna be a long hard year

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:41:36 pm
Very little attacking prowess . Seem clueless when we’re near their line.  2nd half was slightly better . Problem is the players are use to one man rugby so when we did chuck the ball about a bit we end up dropping the ball. Only once did we offload the ball in the entire game and that’s shocking.

We need 2 strong running props and a good half back who can kick on last tackle.  Losing to 2 teams we should be beating to have any chance of survival is very worrying 😩

Offline Richard Bills

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2020, 08:54:16 pm
Lots of perspiration, but little inspiration. Too much one man rugby; one off load all game was shocking as were the two bombed tries in the first half.
Oldham managed the conditions a little better, but were there for the taking.
There is a desperate need for a half-back to guide the team round the park, as well as a more versatile game plan, rather than relying on moments of inspuration from Callum Phillips or Dion Aiye.

Offline raazman

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2020, 09:18:01 pm
Shocking performance our two starting props shacks & coward absolutely awfull neither could get back on side because simply too big. Take Dion out this team and we would be in an even bigger mess. Newts & Thompson best out a bad bunch. Someone mentioned Duel Deg if we want to stay in this league it’s a necessity.
You love coming on here and hammering lads instead of getting behind them! 3 games into a season and the pitch folks are out ! Support them it's what they need!

Mod Edit:  Let's not get rude and personal, please!
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2020, 09:39:53 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2020, 09:32:19 pm
Al be there every game Mr Razzman

Offline raazman

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2020, 09:35:11 pm
Al be there every game Mr Razzman
[/quote
Good lad dont be hiding behind that keyboard
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2020, 09:38:17 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2020, 09:57:07 pm
I'm not sure if it's coaching, poor on field decision making or sadly we just lack a bit of quality in key positions but our 5th tackle play is really poor, we never look like we have a plan and rely on someone to come up with an individual piece of brilliance. Nobody seems to know who is kicking and where the ball will go in order to chase it.

Maybe we just lack imagination? Blowing a gale and I don't think we tried for a 40 - 20 one in the whole game and with 1 minute to go and needing a try we ran 5 up the middle and a pointless kick, no throwing the ball about or little chip overs... It just seems so ingrained to play one man rugby that we don't know how to do anything differently.

Our commitment and desire is unquestionable but hopefully we find a creative spark from somewhere and it could mean all the difference in turning narrown defeats into victories

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2020, 10:13:02 pm
Haven 14 - Oldham 16

Your Thoughts.........
[An absolute shambles. Ball retention  and ball control was terrible- most if not all amateur  team's have better  ideas ( No disrespect  to amateur teams). Can't in All honesty seeing us winning a game-long hard season followed  by relegation  I'm afraid. Not wasting my hard earned money paying to watch that CRAP.
.]

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2020, 01:41:36 am
Wow what a load of rubbish, same old same
old stuff and we give away matches? it’s like looking in the mirror. we are slow lacking in ideas (last tackle option is none existent, we let teams run at us and gain easy ground (line speed) as mentioned in another tread “take Deion out of the team and our go forward would
be zilch” one man rugby does not work in this league so relegation is looking at us as I cannot aw is winning a single game this season.   

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2020, 08:26:52 am
The defeat was disappointing but, their first try was lucky and we bombed two tries in the first half when it looked easier to score.

What is more annoying is the stupid penalty given away in the second half for hitting the kicker on the last tackle which gave them the easy two points

No complaints about the penalty try and I thought the ref had a good game

Newtons conversion hitting the post would have given us the draw with momentum to go on

The positive to hold on to was the spirit shown in the celebrations of the tries also we can not afford to give Dion half a game, needs to be on from the start

Long season ahead but too early to call for the taxi yet