Up The Haven

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2020, 04:47:11 pm
Atrocious

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2020, 04:48:02 pm
Oh dear we are so out of this league, can’t see us winning a game home or way so attendances will fall if nothing on or off the pitch changes.  Drop down is looking more than likely and cannot see how we are going to build at this level

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:12:01 pm
16 0 down before dion comes on, didn't take an injured coward off before they scored again.  Charlo is really not helping us atm, good job they had an off day and the pitch was heavy, because it would have been 70 plus.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:16:42 pm
To be fair Toulouse are the best team I've seen at the Rec for a number of years.

Quality in every position and players like Winterstein and Sangare coming off the bench.

Our season wont be defined by what we do against the full timers its chipping away at the Oldhams and Swintons. Unfortunately we've already dropped point against our nearest rivals.

It didn't help that we had 2 suspendees and Taylor Walker and perma-injured Riley on the sidelines. Shackley Thackary and Coward are way too old and slow at this level.

Interestingly Forster changed the game for Barrow when he came on today - GO FIGURE!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:28:18 pm
Doesn't help only 500 odd turning up no chance of getting reinforcements in on crowds like that more chance of losing players we need the fans to stand by the club.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:37:54 pm
Your thoughts........
Didn't go today due to family commitments. Was expecting a good drubbing but pitch must have been a bit of a factor in keeping the score down from embarrassing  to bad.  Talking to a few who went it was same old same old, effort and commitment there but game plan and guile missing . As Private Frazer would say "Wur awe dooomed"

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:38:21 pm
Think it’s about the entertainment factor, zero at moment and I must have spent 40 quid and walked out on 60 minutes.

Offline beltnbraces

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:39:47 pm
Well I can't blame Haven for such a heavy defeat... that has to go down to the referee taking us back 12 to 14M at play the ball and taking the opposition back either 9 or 10M. I certainly wasn't the only spectator to witness this unfair action.
I pay my money to watch a fair game and that is certainly not happening.
The same actions were displayed last week and the only conclusion I can see is that the RFL just want to suppress the game in West Cumbria.
I can also see the dismay of the team and how their heads drop because of the unfair treatment.
I'm 70 years old and have supported my team for 65 of those years, watching the game from my dads shoulders when I was a nipper when there were crowds of over 5,000.
But sadly that's my last game. I am not prepared to pay to watch blatant cheating by officials!!!
Red Hall... watch the game video and clean up this game...until then....So long!

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2020, 05:44:20 pm
i'm sorry but we are a division 1 side playing in the championship what did you think would happen to us in this league.?

Offline beltnbraces

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2020, 06:25:08 pm
What do I expect? I didn't expect a Haven win... but I did expect a FAIR game.
We are a Championship Team that WON League 1 last season and have players that give a fantastic performance, but are stymied by the atrocious refereeing on offer.
We are also a part-time outfit that are playing full-timers and to the best of their ability, and I take my hat off to them... applaud them... shout encouragement to them... but they and I know that they cant beat 13+ an unfair advantage. 

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2020, 06:39:44 pm
Hate to say it but think we need a change in coaching personnel.  Charlo has done a really good job getting us promoted but in fairness the opposition wasn’t much at times last year. One man rugby in Ch1 was ok but not in this league.

Toulouse showed us how it should be done. Quick hands got their first 2 tries chucking the ball about.  All 4 of their first half tries came off the back on penalties we gave away. Their big stand off could have played in a dinner jacket. His kicks to touch were making 40 metres putting us on the back foot.

2nd half was marginally better although their first score a little kick through and gather and their 2nd very poor tackling going 60m.

Conclusion were will struggle to win a game playing like this. Need a couple of big strong running props. A playmaker with a good kicking game and a hard running   2nd row. Shacks and Kris have done us tremendously well but I fear there slightly on of their depth and are being found out. Need to stop one man rugby every play and start to pass more. When we did it today we started to make decent metres.

We can only hope our fortunes change and stick behind the side but if the money isn’t there and tactics remain the same I fear only on outcome  :( :(

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 01 Mar 2020, 07:44:14 pm
we were up against a top 2 side today in this league today and really thought we could of kept it close but unfortunately we have not strenthened the squad to compete ...are we kidding our selves we can stay up?
hear we have a SO coming and another player in april / may? not good enough where was ethan and tom today? probs injured .. tough times ahead we should of had points on the board against oldham and swinton...discipline and attacking approach is letting us down

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #14 on: 01 Mar 2020, 08:26:14 pm
I agree with some of the frustration we came up last season when no one expected we all know its going to be tough would you not be rather in this league than not I know I would. Reinforcements needed yes starting on Wednesday my own gripe the best player in the team has to start for me dion can't be coming at 22.0 dixon still a lot to learn and not in dions league if we are going to go down let's give it a go and get the fans back 500 today is not good enough
born and bred haven.