HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dylan Morris

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 21 Oct 2020, 07:00:14 am
Whitehaven have added another signing from Australia to their 2021 Betfred Championship squad. Twenty-two year old, Dylan Morris, joins the club on a one year deal having come through the St George-Illawarra Dragons system. The fullback/halfback  spent six years at St George before returning to his junior club, Kiama Knights in 2020 due to there being no reserve grade rugby because of Covid-19.

Head Coach, Gary Charlton, likes what he has seen of Morris. Commenting on his signing Charlton said, “Dylan looks an exceptional talent, he has plenty of pace, good footwork and is an exciting player. He knows how to score a try and that is always a bonus. We think he will complement what we have and are looking forward to seeing him at the Rec.”

Morris is also looking forward to playing in England. He said, “I’m excited to be coming to the UK. It’s something I’ve wanted to do and when the opportunity came along with Whitehaven I couldn’t turn it down. It will be a different experience as it’s a different game over there but I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

Haven Chairman, Tom Todd, said, “Again I would like to welcome another Australian to the club. Dylan Morris the half brother of Brett and Josh Morris has joined Whitehaven from St. George in Sydney. He is 22 years of age and very fast and shows a lot of skill. Of course St. George is resonant with a lot of older Whitehaven fans as the club the legendary Dick Huddart signed for when he left St. Helens for southern shores.  Dylan plays in the half backs and also at full back. The squad the club is putting together continues to take shape and looks very promising. Even more thanks goes to Mark Stamper and the football committee for a lot of hard work and also a special mention to the V.P. association for their continued support with funding for these overseas players. If you are not a member I advise you to consider joining as it's a way of direct action to bring talent to The Recreation Ground.”

Morris comes fro a rugby league family. His father, Steve “Slippery” Morris played for  St George Dragons and Eastern Suburbs as well as having a season with Leeds in 1987/88. The half back/wing also played for New South Wales and Australia. Morris’s half brothers Josh and Brett Morris both play for Sydney Roosters and have represented New South Wales and Australia.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2020, 08:27:09 am
more great news well done to all involved, squad really taking shape
born and bred haven.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2020, 11:33:11 pm
Whitehaven have added another signing from Australia to their 2021 Betfred Championship squad. Twenty-two year old, Dylan Morris, joins the club on a one year deal having come through the St George-Illawarra Dragons system. The fullback/halfback  spent six years at St George before returning to his junior club, Kiama Knights in 2020 due to there being no reserve grade rugby because of Covid-19.

Head Coach, Gary Charlton, likes what he has seen of Morris. Commenting on his signing Charlton said, “Dylan looks an exceptional talent, he has plenty of pace, good footwork and is an exciting player. He knows how to score a try and that is always a bonus. We think he will complement what we have and are looking forward to seeing him at the Rec.”

Morris is also looking forward to playing in England. He said, “I’m excited to be coming to the UK. It’s something I’ve wanted to do and when the opportunity came along with Whitehaven I couldn’t turn it down. It will be a different experience as it’s a different game over there but I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

Haven Chairman, Tom Todd, said, “Again I would like to welcome another Australian to the club. Dylan Morris the half brother of Brett and Josh Morris has joined Whitehaven from St. George in Sydney. He is 22 years of age and very fast and shows a lot of skill. Of course St. George is resonant with a lot of older Whitehaven fans as the club the legendary Dick Huddart signed for when he left St. Helens for southern shores.  Dylan plays in the half backs and also at full back. The squad the club is putting together continues to take shape and looks very promising. Even more thanks goes to Mark Stamper and the football committee for a lot of hard work and also a special mention to the V.P. association for their continued support with funding for these overseas players. If you are not a member I advise you to consider joining as it's a way of direct action to bring talent to The Recreation Ground.”

Morris comes fro a rugby league family. His father, Steve “Slippery” Morris played for  St George Dragons and Eastern Suburbs as well as having a season with Leeds in 1987/88. The half back/wing also played for New South Wales and Australia. Morris’s half brothers Josh and Brett Morris both play for Sydney Roosters and have represented New South Wales and Australia.

Sounds

rsHavenWarrior link=topic=17528.msg233885#msg233885 date=1603260014]

[/quote]

Sounds like another great signing, my only worry is what bank have we robbed to get the money for all these much needed strengthening  to our squad. Last time I spoke to Big Michael  was that we were just surviving. I'M SURE THE BOARD are savvy enough not to spend more than we can afford but it does beggar the question " Where's the brass coming from?"

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2020, 09:20:24 pm
We have a lot more money this year for various reasons

Offline d_graham_uk

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2020, 01:39:51 pm
Has there been a big investor or something?
Big sponsorship deal?

I’m like the previous post. Massive congrats to the directors for these aussies/kiwi lads who sound like they all got massive potential etc

« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2020, 01:50:45 pm by d_graham_uk »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2020, 08:39:35 pm
This lad looks top class

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2020, 01:32:20 pm
Has there been a big investor or something?
Big sponsorship deal?

I’m like the previous post. Massive congrats to the directors for these aussies/kiwi lads who sound like they all got massive potential etc

We have double the central funding from last year.  We have nearly all last years season ticket money and sponsorship money without the outgoings.  There was also a lot of money raised during the lockdown by the VP and Shaun drinkwater.  We also had 300 people or so getting in for free in the promotion year due to the two year season tickets.  The VP have contributed heavily in the signing of these players.  I think we should enjoy what is the best squad since 2005 and have faith in the BOD.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2020, 02:23:03 pm
Good thing about squad is its now bursting with pace as well as grunt up front . As for finances i may be well off the mark but have heard off numerous people that a certain premier league football player as invested into his home town team hope thats right.