HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

West Cumbria Crusaders U18s

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
on: 20 Dec 2020, 02:01:50 pm
Me & Andrew will be running a new U18s team and are glad to say we have been accepted into the North West County’s league. We will be running as a amateur team but playing out of Whitehaven RL. We will be taking players from all over the West Cumbrian clubs who have 17s & 18s that are not ready for Open age rugby yet. There will be lads who are ready for the step up and they will be advised to play for there amateur community clubs. What we are looking for now is sponsorship of the team. Any monies raised will be used for Bust travel, kit sponsorship, insurance costs ect ect if you are in a position to help out please get in touch or DM the Facebook page. There is a meeting scheduled for the 15th January at 19:30 at the Rec, all invited.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2020, 02:20:21 pm
Well done guys good luck
born and bred haven.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2020, 11:02:43 am
Can see problems ahead due to inter club politics and typical West Cumbria parochialism.

I sincerely hope im wrong as WC is crying out for a pathway for talented kids who aren't lucky enough to get spotted by Wigan or Saints. I'm also led to believe that there are now a significant number of Cumbrian kids travelling to Newcastle 2 or 3 times a week to play for their academy.

The RFL, CARLA, Haven, Town and all the ARL clubs should be massively behind this if they value our youth and the future of the game.