HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven Sign Aiden Roden of Wigan Warriors

Offline Haven Lottery Results

• First Team Backup
on: 02 Apr 2021, 12:32:13 pm

Whitehaven RLFC are delighted to announce the loan signing of Aiden Roden from Wigan Warriors on an initial month.

The hooker has come through the Warriors academy and has got first team experience in pre-season fixtures for the Warriors. Roden has represented Lancashire in the 2018 origin series against Yorkshire and also represented the county against the Australian schoolboys. He was part of the team that won back-to-back Under 19’s grand final winning team in 2018 & 2019 against Leeds Rhinos and St Helens respectively.

Assistant coach Jonty Gorley said: “With losing Callum for four games and Sam Dowsett currently being unavailable to due to work commitments we found it necessary to bring in another hooker to back up Newts. Aiden comes with good raps from people who know him. He’s a tough 9 who’s came through a great system at Wigan so it’s good to have him on board for the month.”

Head of Youth at Wigan Warriors said: “This is a great opportunity for Aiden to test himself at a high level and get regular game time. He has played a big part in the successful academy and reserve teams over the past few years with his solid defence and distribution skills. I know everyone at Whitehaven will make him feel really welcome.”

Ashley Kilpatrick a director of Whitehaven RLFC spoke of his excitement: “Firstly I’d like to welcome Aiden to the club for the next month, we are really excited to have Aiden here as a club and be part of his development, after speaking with Darrell Goulding at Wigan and Steve McCormack they both speak of and rate Aiden really highly they spoke about how tough he is in the middle and his sharpness from dummy half. I’d also like to thank Darrell Goulding and the Wigan club for how professional and easy to deal with they were.”