HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Widnes v Haven 23/5/21 - Match Reaction

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 23 May 2021, 06:42:16 pm
Should be half back now with dixon to centre.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 23 May 2021, 06:45:07 pm
Looks like Lachlan gonna be out a while now looks like he’s done the hamstring even better

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 23 May 2021, 09:28:51 pm
That really was abysmal

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 23 May 2021, 09:41:27 pm
Clearly we under performed today. After a decent first 15 minutes their bigger middles made easy yards after contact and that forced us to compress our defense leaving space on the edges, but...

At the start of the season I would not have expected us to take victories from Bradford, Featherstone or Toulouse. (The game against Dewsbury was a potential win).

We are in a mini league with Oldham, Swinton, Newcastle and possibly Sheffield and Dewsbury and against these teams we are 2 from 3.

Injuries are a part of every team but I doubt that any team has had as many of their first choice players ruled out as we have. Put Aiye, Shackley Phillips & Bulman  into that starting 13 and we have a chance. Next two games are potential wins. Still too early to throw the toys out of the pram.

Very impressed with Jake Bradley today.

Offline haven132

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 23 May 2021, 09:57:21 pm
Clearly we under performed today. After a decent first 15 minutes their bigger middles made easy yards after contact and that forced us to compress our defense leaving space on the edges, but...

At the start of the season I would not have expected us to take victories from Bradford, Featherstone or Toulouse. (The game against Dewsbury was a potential win).

We are in a mini league with Oldham, Swinton, Newcastle and possibly Sheffield and Dewsbury and against these teams we are 2 from 3.

Injuries are a part of every team but I doubt that any team has had as many of their first choice players ruled out as we have. Put Aiye, Shackley Phillips & Bulman  into that starting 13 and we have a chance. Next two games are potential wins. Still too early to throw the toys out of the pram.

Very impressed with Jake Bradley today.

We could of easily taken wins from Bradford and Dewsbury. 

The injuries aren't the problem we have the squad depth to still be winning games. It's the continued unnecessary changes that's killing our team

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #20 on: 23 May 2021, 11:48:22 pm
Simple fix play him and Lachlan in centres and Chris Taylor at fullback and play wingers on the wing or is that too simple doing this gets mossop out the team as he’s gone. Saying that we don’t have a fit winger to pick from  what ever happened to Purewal or was he a one hit wonder

Chris is not a full back hasn't taken you long to get on charlos back we know how tough this league is let him do his job if your any better apply
born and bred haven.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 24 May 2021, 12:00:51 am
Simple fix play him and Lachlan in centres and Chris Taylor at fullback and play wingers on the wing or is that too simple doing this gets mossop out the team as he’s gone. Saying that we don’t have a fit winger to pick from  what ever happened to Purewal or was he a one hit wonder

Chris is not a full back hasn't taken you long to get on charlos back we know how tough this league is let him do his job if your any better apply
Shaun. Take oftherose tinted haven glasses an accepe it, we have one game plan up the middle then ? The days of Charlotte or Big Ralph Calvin are gone, coaches need to bemoresmartand plan to exploited opposition  weaknesses, sorry but I don't  think  Charles smart enough to do that. Pains me to say but we need a Chris  Thorman.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 24 May 2021, 12:12:04 am

Shaun. Take oftherose tinted haven glasses an accepe it, we have one game plan up the middle then ? The days of Charlotte or Big Ralph Calvin are gone, coaches need to bemoresmartand plan to exploited opposition  weaknesses, sorry but I don't  think  Charles smart enough to do that. Pains me to say but we need a Chris  Thorman.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 Chris thorman for super league
born and bred haven.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 24 May 2021, 07:37:59 am

Anyone would be more reactive during the game .  Dewsbury away, Bradford at home and yesterday the substitutions were made too late after a good 20 mins.  And why do our starting props not come back on to the last 15 20 mins.  Scurr won the game for bradford and Farnworth yesterday because our props were knocked.  That in part is down to our outside backs not working their arses off like other teams do.  The tackling in the last 2 games and bradford to me shows the players don't want to play for him.  The bizarre Oldham game papered over the cracks.  Never again will a team drop 4 easy kicks which to tries.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 24 May 2021, 09:48:30 am
Oh I forgot you not allowed an opinion unless you were there. I haven’t rated him even when we won the league . If your happy with 5 drives and a kick so be it but a lot of fans would rather see the ball being passed about using our strengths no doubting the players ability but some are finished and some just not good enough
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 24 May 2021, 09:52:17 am
Charlton has always had limitations as a coach,at Town he relied heavily on Oglandby and was found wanting after he left.
Keep Jonty as assistant and bring in another head coach for me.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 24 May 2021, 11:37:55 am

McNally is not a FB either, might be a great support player. But never gone make tackles like Gary B.

HW

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 24 May 2021, 12:02:27 pm

Shaun, whilst I do not doubt your loyalty one little bit.  Get a grip man - yesterday they were woeful!  Lost balls, handling errors.  Take a look at the Clubs own twitter

I quote

"Walmsley knocked on at the play the ball and from the resulting set Owens crosses to score"

"The ball was stolen 1 on 1 by Lawton"

"Michael judged to have knocked on while attempting to play the ball."

"Widnes are in through Adam Lawton as he finds a gap in our defence"

"We got a fresh set following Spedding knock the ball down but Roden is judged to have knocked on at the play the ball"

"Walsmley challenges with Owens and is judged to have tackled him in the air"

"Gillam looks for the offload but Roden quite control and it hits the floor" <----- possible typo there

"Jessie loses the ball when looking to collect from a Widnes kick"

They are just the glaringly obvious errors when scrolling back - I watched the match and yep, they ALL happened.   Quite simply not good enough.  Defend that!   Clearly the coaching is missing something.   Stop making a fool of yourself with childish retorts and wake up and smell the blooming coffee.  We were CRAP.  You cannot possibly think any other way than dire.
 :shake:

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #28 on: 24 May 2021, 12:35:12 pm

Shaun, whilst I do not doubt your loyalty one little bit.  Get a grip man - yesterday they were woeful!  Lost balls, handling errors.  Take a look at the Clubs own twitter

I quote

"Walmsley knocked on at the play the ball and from the resulting set Owens crosses to score"

"The ball was stolen 1 on 1 by Lawton"

"Michael judged to have knocked on while attempting to play the ball."

"Widnes are in through Adam Lawton as he finds a gap in our defence"

"We got a fresh set following Spedding knock the ball down but Roden is judged to have knocked on at the play the ball"

"Walsmley challenges with Owens and is judged to have tackled him in the air"

"Gillam looks for the offload but Roden quite control and it hits the floor" <----- possible typo there

"Jessie loses the ball when looking to collect from a Widnes kick"

They are just the glaringly obvious errors when scrolling back - I watched the match and yep, they ALL happened.   Quite simply not good enough.  Defend that!   Clearly the coaching is missing something.   Stop making a fool of yourself with childish retorts and wake up and smell the blooming coffee.  We were CRAP.  You cannot possibly think any other way than dire.
 :shake:

I agree with you marra we were awful but all this sack the coach crap get a grip he's as disappointed as us he never dropped the balls or missed tackles 2 weeks ago we completed our sets at Oldham obviously our goal is to stay in this league and build great things happening behind the scenes it's work in progress.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 24 May 2021, 12:38:26 pm

McNally is not a FB either, might be a great support player. But never gone make tackles like Gary B.

HW

159 trys tells me different unfortunately not enough Gary broadbents out there
born and bred haven.