HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Widnes v Haven 23/5/21 - Match Reaction

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 24 May 2021, 12:59:22 pm
Simple fix play him and Lachlan in centres and Chris Taylor at fullback and play wingers on the wing or is that too simple doing this gets mossop out the team as he’s gone. Saying that we don’t have a fit winger to pick from  what ever happened to Purewal or was he a one hit wonder

Chris is not a full back hasn't taken you long to get on charlos back we know how tough this league is let him do his job if your any better apply

Shaun, whilst I do not doubt your loyalty one little bit.  Get a grip man - yesterday they were woeful!  Lost balls, handling errors.  Take a look at the Clubs own twitter

I quote

"Walmsley knocked on at the play the ball and from the resulting set Owens crosses to score"

"The ball was stolen 1 on 1 by Lawton"

"Michael judged to have knocked on while attempting to play the ball."

"Widnes are in through Adam Lawton as he finds a gap in our defence"

"We got a fresh set following Spedding knock the ball down but Roden is judged to have knocked on at the play the ball"

"Walsmley challenges with Owens and is judged to have tackled him in the air"

"Gillam looks for the offload but Roden quite control and it hits the floor" <----- possible typo there

"Jessie loses the ball when looking to collect from a Widnes kick"

They are just the glaringly obvious errors when scrolling back - I watched the match and yep, they ALL happened.   Quite simply not good enough.  Defend that!   Clearly the coaching is missing something.   Stop making a fool of yourself with childish retorts and wake up and smell the blooming coffee.  We were CRAP.  You cannot possibly think any other way than dire.
 :shake:

I agree with you marra we were awful but all this sack the coach crap get a grip he's as disappointed as us he never dropped the balls or missed tackles 2 weeks ago we completed our sets at Oldham obviously our goal is to stay in this league and build great things happening behind the scenes it's work in progress.

Shaun our ball completion at oldham was our worst of the season.  Oldham gifted us 24 points.  It papered over the cracks

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #31 on: 24 May 2021, 01:08:33 pm
Simple fix play him and Lachlan in centres and Chris Taylor at fullback and play wingers on the wing or is that too simple doing this gets mossop out the team as he’s gone. Saying that we don’t have a fit winger to pick from  what ever happened to Purewal or was he a one hit wonder

Chris is not a full back hasn't taken you long to get on charlos back we know how tough this league is let him do his job if your any better apply

Shaun, whilst I do not doubt your loyalty one little bit.  Get a grip man - yesterday they were woeful!  Lost balls, handling errors.  Take a look at the Clubs own twitter

I quote

"Walmsley knocked on at the play the ball and from the resulting set Owens crosses to score"

"The ball was stolen 1 on 1 by Lawton"

"Michael judged to have knocked on while attempting to play the ball."

"Widnes are in through Adam Lawton as he finds a gap in our defence"

"We got a fresh set following Spedding knock the ball down but Roden is judged to have knocked on at the play the ball"

"Walsmley challenges with Owens and is judged to have tackled him in the air"

"Gillam looks for the offload but Roden quite control and it hits the floor" <----- possible typo there

"Jessie loses the ball when looking to collect from a Widnes kick"

They are just the glaringly obvious errors when scrolling back - I watched the match and yep, they ALL happened.   Quite simply not good enough.  Defend that!   Clearly the coaching is missing something.   Stop making a fool of yourself with childish retorts and wake up and smell the blooming coffee.  We were CRAP.  You cannot possibly think any other way than dire.
 :shake:

I agree with you marra we were awful but all this sack the coach crap get a grip he's as disappointed as us he never dropped the balls or missed tackles 2 weeks ago we completed our sets at Oldham obviously our goal is to stay in this league and build great things happening behind the scenes it's work in progress.

Shaun our ball completion at oldham was our worst of the season.  Oldham gifted us 24 points.  It papered over the cracks

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
born and bred haven.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 24 May 2021, 01:21:17 pm
Laugh all you want  you are on facebook look at Des's weekly stats.  It may have been beaten yesterday but to say we completed well is more delusional than charlo thinking he is up to the job.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #33 on: 24 May 2021, 01:31:02 pm
Laugh all you want  you are on facebook look at Des's weekly stats.  It may have been beaten yesterday but to say we completed well is more delusional than charlo thinking he is up to the job.

Playing up the hill as well at Oldham and winning 30.0  says something it was only 2 weeks ago same players callum Philips is a miss though
born and bred haven.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 24 May 2021, 01:32:20 pm
Completion at oldham was 28 from 41.  Not saying it wasn't a fantastic win but it wasnt down to our great completion.  It was down to tackling and their errors.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #35 on: 24 May 2021, 01:34:45 pm
Completion at oldham was 28 from 41.  Not saying it wasn't a fantastic win but it wasnt down to our great completion.  It was down to tackling and their errors.

Agreed and yesterday tackling was awful
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 24 May 2021, 06:36:39 pm

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 24 May 2021, 06:43:19 pm
Not a bad interview and nice to get a few things cleared up

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 24 May 2021, 07:27:12 pm
Nice to see for the first time this season he is accepting some responsibility rather than blame the players.  Also good news on the injury front. Especially Callum which was a welcome surprise.