HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Coaching Staff

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 23 May 2021, 06:26:43 pm
Given the comments on post match thread, is it time for a change in the coaching staff?

Register your vote on the poll

(if you'd like another option added, drop me a DM)
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 23 May 2021, 07:26:34 pm
But try our best to keep Jonty as head coach cos I can’t see anyone else wanting the job
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 23 May 2021, 08:32:39 pm
Hmm.  Not sure that is the answer.  Sure there would be plenty of interest with the squad we have.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 23 May 2021, 11:52:19 pm
What a stupid pol charlo and jonty are a duo if one goes both go give it a chance today was another game we had injuries
born and bred haven.

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 24 May 2021, 11:30:08 am
I do not remember Charleton dropping the ball or missing a tackle. If we look at out try scorers the majority have come from the backs, hardear we won the league 1 most of our trys came from the pack (I think Forster was top scorer).

Also changing coaches now is a knee jerk reaction. When Paul Cullen was appointed he lost the first few, any new coach would have no time to put structures in place. Agan it is the games against Oldham, Swinton, Newcastle and Dewsbury that will define our season, remember at the start of the year we thought survival would be a success this season. I am still confident we will (Sorry Gloria Gaynor) survive.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 24 May 2021, 12:51:26 pm
Everyone was playing out of their skins for charlo and jonty when we won the league 2 years ago . The step up to the championship against full time teams is huge plus worse injuries for years.  Possibly hasn't helped chopping and changing most weeks but the injuries haven't helped.

Offline haven132

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 24 May 2021, 01:10:07 pm
Blaming Injuries is a weak excuse.
It's part of the game every team gets them
There's no reason why we can't still be winning games

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 24 May 2021, 09:30:21 pm
I think a few are deluded regarding our teams capability.  Most teams in this league are stacked with young Sl academy cast offs or ex SL players.  We have a squad that has a fighting chance of finishing 3rd or 4th bottom and if they do that it will be a success.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 25 May 2021, 06:14:08 am
Everyone was playing out of their skins for charlo and jonty when we won the league 2 years ago . The step up to the championship against full time teams is huge plus worse injuries for years.  Possibly hasn't helped chopping and changing most weeks but the injuries haven't helped.

Toulouse are the only full time team in the Championship.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 25 May 2021, 06:35:51 am

London broncos are and fev and York are near enough full time

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 25 May 2021, 03:27:53 pm

Fev & York are nowhere near full time but yes London are but that still leaves the majority of the league the same as Haven,there is no excuse for getting flogged by the worst Widnes team in living memory though and another heavy defeat at a struggling Sheffield should hasten a coaching change.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 25 May 2021, 03:57:54 pm

Fev & York are nowhere near full time but yes London are but that still leaves the majority of the league the same as Haven,there is no excuse for getting flogged by the worst Widnes team in living memory though and another heavy defeat at a struggling Sheffield should hasten a coaching change.

I'll rephrase what I meant.  The playing budgets the top teams in this league get off the rfl are probably double if not triple what haven Oldham Swinton and Newcastle recieve hence far stronger squads .

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 25 May 2021, 04:19:30 pm
Be nice to see everyone get the same so it’s an even playing field