HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

good forwards in nl1

Guest · 10 · 853

popularsider

on: 19 Jul 2007, 09:00:13 pm
dom maloney (prop) (dewsbury)
andy gorski (second row) tommy goulden (loose forward) and rob ball (prop) (rochdale)
luke menzies (prop) (batley)

i think we should have a look at signing all these lads i think they could be tempted up to a higher placed nl1 club

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2007, 10:45:22 pm
laddo from leigh dana summet is awsome

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2007, 10:46:50 pm
dana wilson and melangi styles both quality players i meant players we would be able to get

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2007, 11:34:14 pm
Frank  Watene
Alex  Rowe
Andy  Hobson

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2007, 09:01:50 pm
dom maloney (prop) (dewsbury)
andy gorski (second row) tommy goulden (loose forward) and rob ball (prop) (rochdale)
luke menzies (prop) (batley)

i think we should have a look at signing all these lads i think they could be tempted up to a higher placed nl1 club

Err, hang on a minute, "sign all these lads", 5 more average travellers.
Can you tell me, "What planet do you actually live on"?
That's one of the reasons we're in such a mess at the moment, do you not realise,
Sign all 5 as you suggest say as travellers, wages about ?20k each on the conservative side = another ?100K in wages a season.
I'm conmvinced you live in cuckoo land.

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2007, 09:55:42 pm
well lets see

trindal (going at the end of the season)
fats (going at the end of the season)
teare (not good enough)
wright (not good enough)

ford (could step up IF he doesnt leave wich he has hinted at)
jones (not ready yet)
shaw (could step up IF he doesnt leave wich he has hinted at)

your the 1 in cloud cookoo land pal we are carrying to much dead wood the at the club we need a good clear out

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2007, 10:34:11 pm
O.K. let's talk about props alone:

Fats, hasn't yet announced he's definately finishing, people are taking it for granted.
Mark Jackson, will be there.
Howard Hill, will be there
Scott Teare, will be there, I agree he's struggling but with good one to one coaching especially on tackling he could be turned into a decent prop.
David Ford, good enough now needs to be given a run to gain experience.
Andrew Jones, needs to be introduced gradually, good potential.
Adam Shaw, another good lad.
Richard Farrar, great potential, get him signed.
Kyle Amor, another with great potential , who can play 2nd row or prop, get him signed.

Do you want me to add the lads with good potential who are playing locally, i.e. Gary Smith, David Lowery, Chris Murphy,etc.
It all comes down to coaching and development, so let's get a good set of coaches in place and develop our own local lads were we can.

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2007, 11:00:36 pm
gary smith no longer plays he packed in  ::) ::)

farrer i agree good lad (bod offerd him a crap contract)
ford agreed good lad could he make the step up yet  no
jones not ready
shaw could make the step up
amor good player could he make the step up yet no

teare and wright need to go not good enough
fats has told me himself he wil be retiering along with leroy.

shaun flanagan is a lad who we should be looking to sign
jacko and howard are good but the year after howard wil be gone.

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2007, 11:14:50 pm
Mate i wish I had some of what you have been taking......If only it were true.  Ford is the only one of that triumphant bunch of potential Props that has palyed fist team this year and he (by his own admission) found it very tough.  None of those blokes has anything like the phyicality to play top end NL1 prop.  Can you imagine Wilkes Leafa, Tandy or our own Fats or Hill running at them three or four times it would be carinage.

Long gone with the coal mines are the days of West Cumbria turning up 5 -6 17 - 21 year old props.  A young Prop in this day and age needs attitude and a bit of the mongeral in them when they are young aka.... a young Morely or a young Fieldon.  Burgess at Bradford has it as does Graham at Saints.  Those guys you have mentioned don't have and never will...sorry to say.  

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2007, 11:17:45 pm
having watched the acadamy a few times i can onestly say the only players in the pack that could play first team at the moment are farrer ford and amor and shaw maybe. the rest are eithher to slow or to small at the minute. but we have a few backs that could step up