Guest · 33 · 2013

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:24:33 pm
the team that played on sunday except R.jackson

seeds
hill
and all of u21's

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 18 Jul 2007, 03:20:23 pm
I would keep everybody apart from Ricky Wright :D

I thought Ricky had a blinder. He was the only one who didn't miss a tackle or knock on --never once saw him drop that water bottle! ;D

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:08:40 pm
haha i like that one :P

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:28:15 pm
We all have our opinions on who to keep and who to get rid of. Some on here are saying they would keep most of the squad and give the young lads a chance, which is a fair comment, if we want to be in a relegation battle next season! Sentiments and reputations can't come into it and the likes of Hill, Seeds, Fats, Trindal and Joe are all on the wrong side of 30, have been excellent servants to the club, but should not be in the reckoning for next season. Eilbeck is not a bad lad, but too lightweight for a centre. Rob Jackson and Aaron Smith are, imo,  both simply going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised if Broadbent calls it a day and signs for Barrow, especially if they get promoted.

Whoever comes in needs to make some tough decisions, everybody won't be happy, but I think it will be for the good of the club.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:53:46 pm
I thort hill was 31 32 not 39 lol

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #20 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:24:39 pm
I would keep every1 except from rob jackson and ricky wright and fair enough if fats the bull and leroy retire

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:48:25 pm
why keep everyone? Basically the same squad who haven't quite been good enough for the past couple of seasons? So they will all be 2 yrs older, they don't improve like vintage wine you know?! The lack of vision, and dare I say, ambition, is not just a problem the BOD seem to have.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:20:14 pm
If you get rid of a large percentage of the current squad who would you replace them with - names required not just a good half back or a big prop

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:33:02 pm
i'd cut down on the travelling players, they were brought in to get is to the next level and they havent. Give the younger lads a chance, with the aim that they will improve

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 19 Jul 2007, 05:58:45 am
i'd cut down on the travelling players, they were brought in to get is to the next level and they havent. Give the younger lads a chance, with the aim that they will improve

So are you prepared to lose games whilst the younger players find out whether or not they can step up to 1st team rugby?

specialbrew92

Reply #25 on: 19 Jul 2007, 07:58:01 am
I would like to see the trouble makers from the bonus money released at the end of the season.

I thought i would never say this but Trindall needs to go at the end of the season.

Monte

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:19:47 am

So are you prepared to lose games whilst the younger players find out whether or not they can step up to 1st team rugby?

We  need  the  travelling  players.  Without  them  we  would  be  a  national  league  2  side.

specialbrew92

Reply #27 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:55:13 am
Cut down on the travelling players ?

If we ever get to Super League how many locals do you think will be in our team ?

Monte

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 19 Jul 2007, 12:25:50 pm
if we did get to super league i would say most if not all of our local players wouldnt go because they have good jobs at sellafield and other places that they couldnt give up i mean if they did and we came straight back down what would they do then?
haven till i die

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 19 Jul 2007, 02:54:07 pm
do not know why we dont have fordy and shaw in the team id drop teare and trindall size of them and there big fannys