HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Club Statement - 04/06/2021

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 04 Jun 2021, 04:59:20 pm
STATEMENT FROM WHITEHAVEN RLFC

There is an ongoing situation at the club, involving our director’s board and members of staff. This situation includes the resignation of our chairman Tom Todd. At this time, we would like to make it clear that the board has asked for him to reconsider it.

Whitehaven RLFC would like to reassure fans and stakeholders that this situation is currently being dealt with and we would appreciate some time from supporters and the media to rectify the situation and bring unity to the club.
We will comment further on this matter in due course.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2021, 03:31:08 pm
STATEMENT FROM WHITEHAVEN RLFC

There is an ongoing situation at the club, involving our director’s board and members of staff. This situation includes the resignation of our chairman Tom Todd. At this time, we would like to make it clear that the board has asked for him to reconsider it.

Whitehaven RLFC would like to reassure fans and stakeholders that this situation is currently being dealt with and we would appreciate some time from supporters and the media to rectify the situation and bring unity to the club.
We will comment further on this matter in due course.
Dont kmow what the situation i but  I hoope Tommy doesnt go. I don't know Tommy other than to say hello but I do know his commitment  and passion  for Whitehaven rlfc is beyond question. He has worked tirelessly for the club  both on and o fthe field and will be a sad  day if he walks.  Can only hope the situation gets sorted out and we can all get on with the job in hand.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2021, 05:41:32 pm
4 directors have now resigned,what a shambles.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2021, 06:14:25 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if the R.F.L Investigate as to why there has been mass resignation's

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2021, 07:38:37 pm
4 directors have now resigned,what a shambles.

And still issues between the remaining 6.  Would expect at least one more to follow.

Offline kesker1963

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2021, 07:58:04 pm
So who is running the show now that Tommy Todd our chairman has resigned ?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2021, 08:42:13 am
Seems crazy what’s happening at the moment . It’s even worse for us fans that don’t actually know what’s meant to have happened .

Now no bar open on matchday . This will cost the club thousands . Surely they can get someone in who has the credentials and a licence to sell alcohol . What a farce 🙁🙁

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2021, 08:48:39 am
Always been the same the fans are always 2nd best must be serious or they would have told us why hide it

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2021, 09:44:56 am
People need to understand this happened due to certain directors, we are going to lose income, support and all the rest what comes with it. People coming out and supporting them are as bad as them in my eyes. This club is toxic at the moment and it needs to change sharpish, I have watched haven for the last 20 year and sorry to say I won’t be watching them while this is going on. This is meant to be a family club but me and my kids will be staying clear for foreseeable.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2021, 11:50:52 am
I've heard it's down to one a*$7&le director Idle beck who thinks it's his club and wants to oust anybody who disagrees hence no licence and no Tommy. If this is the case it's a straight to choicr between Tommy and his supporters who are driving the club forward or an egotistical backside.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2021, 12:20:45 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2021, 01:09:26 pm
Just announced the bars are open at the match for tommorows game

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2021, 01:24:49 pm
Just announced the bars are open at the match for tommorows game
Still doesn't solve the issues in the boardroom.

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2021, 01:29:27 pm
Certainly doesn't pal 

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2021, 03:10:50 pm
Papering over cracks

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 25 Jun 2021, 12:10:15 am
It’s Mickey Mouse. How can the new board expect to be trusted when a director gets appointed CEO without a job advert, interview or open process.

Laughable they then appoint a director to look after governance! That’s governance 101.

If you want to build trust do things properly. Shoddy.

And not a good start.