Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2021, 05:01:07 pm
Same old story  penalties penalties penalties when will we ever learn
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2021, 07:50:47 pm by noahrob »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2021, 05:15:01 pm
Bitterly disappointed. On the end of some bizarre ref decisions but in the end we beat ourselves . 16-6 up at halftime I thought we played quite well. First 10 mins of the 2nd was shocking .

In the end we need to pass the ball around more. We’ve 2 great wingers who hardly get a pass . When they were down to 12 we didn’t capitalise . The game was there for the taking

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2021, 05:23:29 pm
Your match thoughts......
First 10 mins of the 2nd half  with lapsed concentration and silly errors cost us. That said Batley came out  with a more positive mind set than us 2nd  half however bizarre  decisions  and  obvious bias by the abysmal  ref made sure we were always going to lose. Playing much better expansive rugby than previous years.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2021, 05:33:48 pm
Another oscar thomas super show.

Mod Edit: You’re getting personal - please stick to match reactions.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2021, 05:43:45 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2021, 06:05:35 pm
Your match thoughts......
First 10 mins of the 2nd half  with lapsed concentration and silly errors cost us. That said Batley came out  with a more positive mind set than us 2nd  half however bizarre  decisions  and  obvious bias by the abysmal  ref made sure we were always going to lose. Playing much better expansive rugby than previous years.

I would agree Mrs H but I think we need to Chuck the ball about a bit more . Even an offload or two helps . Bulman and Walmsley both have pace to burn . Having them sat not getting much of a pass is criminal . I’m even beginning to think maybe a change of coach . Charlo has done a great job but I feel he has taken the team as far as it will go . We need to push on

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2021, 09:43:41 pm
Lets have a bit of perspective.

At start of season we said that survival was the goal, we are still ahead of Newcastle, Oldham & Swinton.

On todays game, both sides scored 4 tries, all of Batleys tries came from a barge over from within the 10 yard area we scored 4 tries through our wing/half backs that suggest to me that all we are lacking id "grunt up front", we are still missing what might be our two first choice props, with them we might well well been able to match Batleys route 1 approach.

Area we could tighten up, our attacking kicks are a bit predictable, the high bomb is a low percentage attack, especially if it is too far ahead to contest. Most teams play without a traditional "sweeper" behind the compressed defensive zone, a chip and chase might catch them out. Also communication, in second half Williams put a kick into the corner and Bulman was clearly the fastest on the pitch but he didn't seem aware that it was on.

The referee was abysmal (he made last weeks at Sheffield seem average) and I am suprised the game did not boil over because of his lack of control over the tackle technique employed by a number of Batley forwards

I can see nothing to be gained from a change of coaching, the players seemed committed to the caudse and that does not suggest that Charleton has lost the dressing room.

Some of the Rugby we plated was quite expansive, more of the same and we should be fine.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2021, 05:56:09 am
Must have been some halftime team talk.

Offline haven132

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2021, 03:11:13 pm
Batley did have about 6 of thier 1st team regulars out aswell so the score line could of been alot worse