HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

CLUB MUST BE LOSING A FORTUNE ON DRINK SALES

Mk1 · 8 · 1051

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
on: 25 Jul 2021, 05:28:58 pm
Well same old same old off the pitch as well.
Got in around 2:15, queued at the bar as outside tables were rammed. Two pints of San Miguel'@£4then another £4 for outside plastic cups. Went to watch the match and finished my beer but decided to wait until half time to get another drink. 10minsbefore half time went back to the bar ,queue outside the door with people either wanting a drink or taking their cups back, many people  simply gave up and left the queue. Got to the bar and  Swn Miguel run out so got a pint of Carlsberg crap. half way through  second half took cup back as hopefullyn No queue. Didn't bother to have a drink after the match as again queued outthe door and I'd  have to queue again to take the cup back or lose the deposit. Many people I spoke to expressed similar dissatisfaction attempts  chaos. If the club are going to charge for plastic cups they need a better system for reimbursement  or continue to lose income by peopleg giving up on the queues.and going to the Miners or going home. :'( :grrr:

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
  • Whitehaven RFLC fan from Portsmouth UK
Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2021, 06:35:54 pm
£4 for a pint of San Miguel is cheap, but £4 for a plastic glass is extremely expensive

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2021, 07:26:09 pm
I don't think the £2 reimbursable deposit for the plastic glass is bad, bet there was a lot less rubbish on the terraces. The glasses looked good with he Haven logo on them.
The bars might might have ran out San Miguel but it's not worth getting worked up over, the carlsberg was fine, and the lasses did a great job on both bars, it looked like they were run off their feet from opening time.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2021, 08:04:01 pm
I think service in the bar today was much much more efficient than recently. They also ran out of dark fruit but surely that is a positive for the club if your match day experience relies on the bar service then stay in town and drink the cheaper pints. We had no problems and no queues to get our 2 pound back after
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2021, 08:05:55 pm by African exile »
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2021, 08:43:21 pm
If the plastic glasses have the club logo on them, might be worth selling them on ebay

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2021, 09:06:52 pm
If anyone took a couple of them home, could you post me one please

« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2021, 10:57:16 am by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2021, 10:57:34 am
If anyone took a couple of them home, could you post me one please

I am sure if you ring the Club, you could maybe pay over the phone or by PayPal and they'd arrange one for you - 01946 328 088
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Wiltshire Steve

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2021, 01:20:19 pm
Thankyou