HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Widnes v Haven (The Rematch) Your Reactions?

Offline Leagueconvert

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2007, 06:34:42 pm
Because dont you see its widnes they never ever ever concede penalties they are supreme they live in la la land  :D

As someone who was actually at the game, I can tell you that the responses from Haven fans who 'listened' to the game have no clue as to how bad a performance it was by the Ref. Widnes did give away penalties but Haven should have been penalised a lot more than they were. La La Land is somewhere some of you would obviously feel very much at home!!!
                           WOT'S UP U GUYS NOT GOT A SITE OF YOUR OWN WHERE U CAN GO AND SPOUT OFF :P :P :P :P

Oh so now we are not welcome to come onto your message board and discuss issues with you? I am sorry that you feel so threatened by supporters from other teams who were at the game and could see clearly what happened having an opinion that doesnt match your conspiracy theories. Good luck for the rest of the season ......... and the appalling referees you have to deal with each week. I am sure the RFL must deliberately select the poor ones for you.  ;D

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #16 on: 22 Jul 2007, 06:38:46 pm
Because dont you see its widnes they never ever ever concede penalties they are supreme they live in la la land  :D

As someone who was actually at the game, I can tell you that the responses from Haven fans who 'listened' to the game have no clue as to how bad a performance it was by the Ref. Widnes did give away penalties but Haven should have been penalised a lot more than they were. La La Land is somewhere some of you would obviously feel very much at home!!!
                           WOT'S UP U GUYS NOT GOT A SITE OF YOUR OWN WHERE U CAN GO AND SPOUT OFF :P :P :P :P

Oh so now we are not welcome to come onto your message board and discuss issues with you? I am sorry that you feel so threatened by supporters from other teams who were at the game and could see clearly what happened having an opinion that doesnt match your conspiracy theories. Good luck for the rest of the season ......... and the appalling referees you have to deal with each week. I am sure the RFL must deliberately select the poor ones for you.  ;D

Finally someone has noticed!  ;D ;D ;)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Leagueconvert

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 22 Jul 2007, 06:41:35 pm
 ;D ;D HavenDan  ;D ;D

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #18 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:01:02 pm
THE BEST TEAM LOST !!!!!  HAVEN was with no doubt the better side. The ref didnt help with his crummy decisions!!! WIDNESS through da 1st punch n then Mattinson got the blame n he wasnt even involved!!! is that fair. NO!!!!!!
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:47:45 pm
Well done lads and unlucky...........read report on text and sounds like you should have won. :)

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2007, 09:10:25 pm
 >:( >:( >:(

Having been at today's game, I would hate to see what the Widnes fans would have to say when the ref is fair to both teams.
Widnes got everything off the ref and touch judge for the last ten minutes. The only thing he got wrong towards Widnes was not sin-binning Derry for pulling back Fat Mick.
As for Haven lying on, Widnes were never penalised for it even though they were lying on longer.
Regarding high shots, Toa Koe Love wouldn't know how to make a fair challnge if he played all day.

What do the stewards do in the Halton Stadium? A Haven fan is hit by one of them and he's left to sit in the stand three rows behind us wanting to take the lot of us on. Another Widnes fan grabs hold of the Haven flag and starts inciting us and nothing is done again because "it's all on tape and will be viewed at a later date".
I know every club has it's idiots but the stewards should do what they are paid for.

Monte2carlo

Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2007, 10:49:31 pm
Just back from the game,

I tell you that we were robbed yet again. totally different Haven to last week, the Widnes team were high shotting laying on in tackels cheats.Wer have nothing to worry about when Widnes come up here.

As for the Wierdness stewards they were scum, no bottle no resolve

Monte

Offline haven76

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 22 Jul 2007, 11:11:21 pm
The haven team today was awesome.  they got in the face of every widnes palyer from start to finish.  if they had played like that last week we would have came out on top.  with a team playing like that and with the likes of  mcavoy, fletcher and smith to come back, wots to say we cant get to the final.  we went down in the car today and came back to have a couple of drinks in spoons.  the team bus pulled up outside tonight and most of the players came into spoons.  we were met by one who stated after last weeks performance the felt the owed it to the fans to come and have a drink with them tonight.  he stated all they could hear for 80 mins today was the 100 haven fans singing their hearts out.  we did make more noise than the widnes fans and never stopped singing.  why cant we be like this at home.  theyve got belief that they can go all the way to the final and a lot of people think the same going on todays performance.  The next home match agains batley we should give it our all and get behind them 100% ;)

Offline Topfan

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 2007, 11:44:48 pm
A great display from the lads today . Puts last weeks disappointments behind us I think

Before the game I think most people would have been delighted to get a bonus point . In the final analysis we did enough to get all three.

Wouldnt crtiscise Mick Dawber too much but the touch judge on the main stand side in the  second half clearly did Haven no favours at all  . It seemed to me that Ollie Wilkes used his elbow and maybe lifted his legs on Ricky Wright ( would like to see the video on that one )  , only for Ricky to retaliate - but then Matty got penalised  apparantley on the intervention of Mr Touch Judge . Work that one out !!!!

The rest we know .

But lets be positive if we can consistently play like that , both Cas and Widnes will leave the Recre pointless .  8)

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 23 Jul 2007, 05:03:22 pm
Head hunting, lying on and a ref that might as well of had a Haven shirt on, proud of our lads never say die attitude.
Erm get the black and white specs off marra.  The ref in my opinion had a good game.  He never fell for the home crowd refereeing the game and gave the same for both sides just as we all want.  Haven never allowed you the space and time you had last week and your lot were never going to repeat the performance again.  The linesman gave the penalty when Wilkes struck the first bat but it does'nt matter.  We stood up to your bully boys and knocked them out of their stride.  Now wait till sept 2nd for the full revenge

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:13:28 pm
Widnes "won" the penalty count 9-5

Offline Jackthelad

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:00:30 pm
1. Wilkes was punched by your bloke. Oli didn't throw a single shot. It happened right in front of me.

2. The Ref was bad for both teams.

3. You were the better team, but we were way off our usual best.

4. The game lasts for 80 mins, not 75. Nanyn could have been stopped, you simply didn't stop him.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:15:12 pm
have just watched the highlights on the whitehaven news site and am finding it strange how we can be complaining about the punch incident<which isnt on the highlights> when quite clearly our 2nd try is kicked on by eilbeck and caught by sicey who was in front of eilbeck when it was kicked through! ???
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #28 on: 24 Jul 2007, 09:38:42 pm
have just watched the highlights on the whitehaven news site and am finding it strange how we can be complaining about the punch incident<which isnt on the highlights> when quite clearly our 2nd try is kicked on by eilbeck and caught by sicey who was in front of eilbeck when it was kicked through! ???

Justice  8)