HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

apologies

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 26 Jul 2007, 11:55:56 am
It doesn't take long for the rose tinted specs to be put back on, does it? Some on here say that the lads gave 100% etc etc, erm, isn't that what they get paid for? We lost to widnes on Sunday due to bad discipline. The same old problem raises its ugly head once again. NEARLY winning at Widnes doesn't suddenly make our coach an 'Inspirational tactician', overnight ,imo. You can all apologise as much as you want about what you have said, but it doesn't take away the fact we are not playing decent rugby, and haven't been for some time.
The BOD then sign a 32 year old journeyman prop! Inspired choice fellas. Widnes , Cas and Fax will be quaking in their boots.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 26 Jul 2007, 02:29:12 pm
What exactly is it that parton.marra  and others actually want ?

Putting Blackpool behind you, (Broadbent sending off obviously opened up our left hand flank in particular and Widnes were professional enough to take advantage of the missing man ,and had a lead of 18 points by the time he returned). Given the referee decisions and a couple of Widnes lucky breaks we were always going to be playing catch up rugby at Blackpool ... we tried and it didn't come off.
I can accept the poor discipline reasoning parton.marra puts foreward, ................ and Rotherham and the players need to sort that out PDQ.
However, subsequent to Blackpool the Whitehaven team have just been to he Vikings own stadium and shown them that we are still a force to be reckoned with this year ........when we get an equal share of the game and referee breaks..
Sure we need to be on our game and keep our composure during matches ..... but that applies to Cas, Leigh, Halifax  and Widnes too.
Cas, Leigh and Widnes are full time outfits with money to flash around, and are all closer to a number of other SL and NL1 clubs where they can pick up additional players much more easily than Whitehaven.

The bottom line is we are still in NL1 top four with a chance of a Grand Final appearance. Realize what disadvantages Whitehaven labour under (location, finances, part-time, etc. etc) and be grateful that we have recruited some good quality players from outside the county (Baldwin inc) and continue to do so well season after season,.......I suggest everyone who calls themselves a supporter should back off the 'negative carping on'   and get behind the team, because we still have a very good chance of pulling something special off this season. Mark my words, THE BEST COULD BE YET TO COME this year.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 26 Jul 2007, 02:35:59 pm
i do also think our best rugby will soon flow and when it does no team will live with us just hope its starts this sunda very very hard game this could be vital part of the season if we win we will get 3rd spot if we loose we could end up 4th or 5th so its massive

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 26 Jul 2007, 02:57:54 pm
What people need to realise is the size of the club we are.
We are not the size of a Cas, Widnes, Leigh, Fax, etc.
We need to stick with what we can afford and not go chasing the glory and end in financial difficulties like the likes of Fax, Oldham and Town to name just a few.
We should be grateful for what we are achieving under our limited resources.

On the playing front, over the last few years, we have tended to come on strong at the end of the season.
If that happens again this year, all those who said they're not going back when the current regime is in place will soon be back cheering us on.
Now is the time to get behind the lads and not just when we're having the good times.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #19 on: 26 Jul 2007, 04:37:47 pm
What exactly is it that parton.marra  and others actually want ?

Putting Blackpool behind you, (Broadbent sending off obviously opened up our left hand flank in particular and Widnes were professional enough to take advantage of the missing man ,and had a lead of 18 points by the time he returned). Given the referee decisions and a couple of Widnes lucky breaks we were always going to be playing catch up rugby at Blackpool ... we tried and it didn't come off.
I can accept the poor discipline reasoning parton.marra puts foreward, ................ and Rotherham and the players need to sort that out PDQ.
However, subsequent to Blackpool the Whitehaven team have just been to he Vikings own stadium and shown them that we are still a force to be reckoned with this year ........when we get an equal share of the game and referee breaks..
Sure we need to be on our game and keep our composure during matches ..... but that applies to Cas, Leigh, Halifax  and Widnes too.
Cas, Leigh and Widnes are full time outfits with money to flash around, and are all closer to a number of other SL and NL1 clubs where they can pick up additional players much more easily than Whitehaven.

The bottom line is we are still in NL1 top four with a chance of a Grand Final appearance. Realize what disadvantages Whitehaven labour under (location, finances, part-time, etc. etc) and be grateful that we have recruited some good quality players from outside the county (Baldwin inc) and continue to do so well season after season,.......I suggest everyone who calls themselves a supporter should back off the 'negative carping on'   and get behind the team, because we still have a very good chance of pulling something special off this season. Mark my words, THE BEST COULD BE YET TO COME this year.

We want to see a team that dose not blow hot one week, cold the next and so on. How do you explain Blackpool,and then explain Sunday at Widnes, Beggars belief it dose. Why can they not play with that kind of heart every week? Going answer that to me if you can? Bet you can not explain it? How long have you followed them? Lets see if your still following them in 30 years if they stay stuck in time like Ground Hog day?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #20 on: 26 Jul 2007, 06:37:23 pm
Er, Um, AHa. Jam Eater .....

Lost 6 times this year, once to a SL team (Catalans), three times  to potential SL teams Widnes and Cas (and once
 to Leigh).

Everyone knew it would be difficult to make the top two this year given the Widnes and Cas buying power.

General expectations were to majke the play-offs from 3rd place and come good at the end of the season causing an upset by shifting either Cas or Widnes out of a Grand Final place.

I still have belief in the team achieving that limited expectation, especially now we have a full squad coming back and the evidence of last weeks performance at Widnes.

One things for sure, both Cas and Widnes will be far more concerned about their chances of being 'The Big Two 'after last Sunday.

As Rotherham and others said at the start of the season, ....it's what happens in the final part of the season that's important.

This isn't a sprint, it's a long haul, and those 'left standing' at the end will contest the GF. My opinion is Whitehaven have an exceptional chance of being one of 'The Big Two'

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 26 Jul 2007, 09:21:17 pm

Lost 6 times this year, once to a SL team (Catalans), three times  to potential SL teams Widnes and Cas (and once
 to Leigh).

Donny away??
The worst performance of the season.

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2007, 05:04:35 pm
The Donny Game was a particular game with one off circumstances.
A number of the Donny team were playing their last game for the club.
Most people thought it could be Doncasters last ever game.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2007, 06:29:39 pm
And Haven played like it was...

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:32:57 pm
It doesn't take long for the rose tinted specs to be put back on, does it? Some on here say that the lads gave 100% etc etc, erm, isn't that what they get paid for? We lost to widnes on Sunday due to bad discipline. The same old problem raises its ugly head once again. NEARLY winning at Widnes doesn't suddenly make our coach an 'Inspirational tactician', overnight ,imo. You can all apologise as much as you want about what you have said, but it doesn't take away the fact we are not playing decent rugby, and haven't been for some time.
The BOD then sign a 32 year old journeyman prop! Inspired choice fellas. Widnes , Cas and Fax will be quaking in their boots.
I Thought Baldwin has a good game at Fax.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 31 Jul 2007, 12:14:49 am
Agree with you there, Champ.
He's new to the team and has to get used to new tactics, etc.
He never missed a tackle and nearly all the time beat the first defender he was against without making a decent break.
Time will tell......

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 31 Jul 2007, 12:20:04 am
Agree with you there, Champ.
He's new to the team and has to get used to new tactics, etc.
He never missed a tackle and nearly all the time beat the first defender he was against without making a decent break.
Time will tell......
shouldnt take long then, seeing as how we dont appear to have any tactics!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 31 Jul 2007, 12:23:37 am
Martin Hall was referring to Fax team playing expansive rugby and other teams playing five one man drives and a kick after yesterday's game.
I wonder who he's referring to there!!!!!!