HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Any news on planning permission

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2007, 05:17:33 pm
we never find out what's going on keith until somebody posts it on here.injuries,stadium,boardroom movement,player movement etc.

but then again we're just the fans so what do we matter.

I think that is common in most lower league clubs not just at Haven but if the club told the fans the difficulties that are involved with this situation it would take the heat off their backs and show that the council are not against Haven as well.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 29 Jul 2007, 10:27:34 pm
maybe they are more interested in getting plots at Moresby being built?  ??? ???
unfortunately they are more interested in letting anyone who wants to build in sandwith and helping them to destroy a quiet little village with red brick monstrosities!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2007, 11:42:45 pm
I  think  it  is  a  complicated  situation  because  it  involves  the  pow  beck  regeneration  and  as  there  are  so  many  parties  involved  it  makes  it  even  harder  to  fathom  out  whats  going  on.

Quite  frankly  its  a  total  mess.  When  you  see  other  clubs  getting  their  grounds  done  up  it  makes  you  sick.

Next  local  election's  each area  should have a fan standing  as an independant. I  bet  the  council  would  listen  then >:(

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2007, 04:35:01 pm
The council didnt even inform the club of the meeting we found out in the Whitehaven news.  Again no word as to what happens at the meeting but i understand that they decided they need a day out on the tax payers to make their decision.

Monte2carlo

Reply #19 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:08:28 pm
I  think  it  is  a  complicated  situation  because  it  involves  the  pow  beck  regeneration  and  as  there  are  so  many  parties  involved  it  makes  it  even  harder  to  fathom  out  whats  going  on.

Quite  frankly  its  a  total  mess.  When  you  see  other  clubs  getting  their  grounds  done  up  it  makes  you  sick.

Next  local  election's  each area  should have a fan standing  as an independant. I  bet  the  council  would  listen  then >:(

Isn't there a by election for the harbour ward ??

Monte

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2007, 12:29:00 am

At the end of the day, Copeland council are just a total joke in 99% of everything it does.
If we had the ground and team, it would benefit everyone.

As stated above, nearly every other club's council pays for the grounds.
Our's will struggle to give us planning permission

WAKE UP COPELAND BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE.

popularsider

Reply #21 on: 31 Jul 2007, 02:09:59 pm
developments?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=526477

down at the recre next wed lets all go down and let the council know what we think of them

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 31 Jul 2007, 02:48:11 pm
Getting them to answer questions in front of the papers would be allot better than slagging them off id say, there thick skinned  lol