HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Edene Gebbie for '24

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 30 Mar 2024, 02:30:35 pm
Thought someone said he had an infection and didn’t train all week.  Pity as he was supposed to be excellent player who we will have to wait a while longer to see his talent. Probably needs the faster ground and warmer climate to be at his best.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 30 Mar 2024, 03:04:08 pm
Apparently been struggling with the cold weather and was told to give it a few weeks till it warms up

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 30 Mar 2024, 03:34:36 pm
Foot injury I heard

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 03 Apr 2024, 10:39:38 pm
If he's injured I think the club have a responsibility  to make that statement.  At the moment when you listen to the interviews it's almost odd the refusal to mention him.

If he's not injured his confidence is most likley shattered.  He's come from the other side of the world  and let's be fair  done some very good stuff on the rugby field and  a 20 year old kid  on a two week loan debuts ahead of him ?)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 04 Apr 2024, 08:42:03 am
Listened to Jontys interview with Jordan and when asked about injuries there was no mention of him . That said he didn’t give any names out to anyone else either . Hopefully we’ll see him soon as he looks a very promising player .

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 07 Apr 2024, 11:10:03 pm
Jonty basically said he is unfit and dosent train properly.   A bit surpriskng and disappointing really.  He was coming over here to create an opportunity for himself and on the face of it doaent look like he's going to take it.

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 08 Apr 2024, 01:45:52 am
Get shot of him ! I  heard he’s been a naughty boy  some weeks ago! 
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2024, 10:30:02 pm
I haven't looked a Edenes highlights since we signed him but when you look again you have to ask what the heck is going on.

You watch Sundays game which was totally without flair or attack ing intent ( Maizen and Hannjgban  excepted) and we have a weapon who out played the Aussie reserve team  and Fiji team single handed but can't make the whiteahven starting 17 four games in a row .  🤔

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 15 Apr 2024, 10:33:27 pm
I think Jonty has to show he can coach a team to attack much more consistently, ' faster and with  more team structure .   

We are supposed to be fitter than ever but play so slow and defend without heart or resilience. 

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2024, 03:17:28 pm
I think Jonty has to show he can coach a team to attack much more consistently, ' faster and with  more team structure .   

We are supposed to be fitter than ever but play so slow and defend without heart or resilience.

Totally agree. We keep hearing from players how good training has been but is it really up to championship standards. Clearly other teams seem to be doing more than us . The style of rugby is awful . One man plodding down the middle is crap . We have players who don’t appear fit enough and Jonty has to address this very quickly or find someone who can . Hopefully Ebene won’t be too far off as we need this lad on the pitch badly once fit