HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Evan Lawther for '24

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 30 Nov 2023, 07:00:00 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League are delighted to announce the signing of Evan Lawther on a 12 month deal to play for Haven in 2024. The former Newcastle Thunder man had two spells with Thunder including made his first team debut for them earlier in the 2023 season.

The utility forward has also represented North East Universities in their origin clashes with North West and has also currently been playing alongside fellow Haven team mate Oscar Doran for Northumbria University who are the current University national champions winning the title on five consecutive occasions from 2016/17-2022/23.

Whitehaven head coach Jonty Gorley spoke about Lawther’s acquisition saying “ We looked at Evan last year but at the time he was sent to us I already had cover in positions he covers but when he came available again we moved in to sign him. Evan has been with Newcastle Thunder playing mainly as a centre but latterly as a back row and that's the position I've signed him to play. I need competition in that area and Evan will bring that, he's quite a big lad with decent pace and I do think he's more suited to back row because of these qualities, he's a threat carrying the ball and that's what we need. It'll be great to get started with Evan  because I don't think he's reached his potential yet”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Exile in Jamland

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2023, 07:39:12 pm
Welcome Evan. You'll add some size and also hopefully some pace in the second row. Would love to see a couple of middles too, but the squad is shaping up nicely.