HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Now it starts...

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 27 Jan 2024, 06:10:37 pm
Season almost here. Been a while since I looked forward to the start of a new season with such a level of confidence.

Pity we will have to go into Barrow game underdone because of postponement of Ike game, Barrow will have had 4 games, albeit against League 1 opposition. so have had more opportunity to gel and sort out timing etc

Do we know who will be wearing the armband? My view would be Doran or King.

Is there any significance in the blank shirt 16? Is that Walker, Caine Barnes or possibly Karl Dixon.

Great unknown is how many teams might be relegated to balance the leagues out for season 25, if 2 are coming up from League 1 suggests 4 might be going the other way

My view is we should be looking at 6 - 8th in the League

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2024, 06:34:49 pm
Season almost here. Been a while since I looked forward to the start of a new season with such a level of confidence.

Pity we will have to go into Barrow game underdone because of postponement of Ike game, Barrow will have had 4 games, albeit against League 1 opposition. so have had more opportunity to gel and sort out timing etc

Is there any significance in the blank shirt 16? Is that Walker, Caine Barnes or possibly Karl Dixon.

Great unknown is how many teams might be relegated to balance the leagues out for season 25, if 2 are coming up from League 1 suggests 4 might be going the other way

Maybe Dixon.  Walkers at Barrow and by all accounts Barnes is signing bk on at Town

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2024, 10:33:42 am

Maybe Dixon.  Walkers at Barrow and by all accounts Barnes is signing bk on at Town

It was left open for Dixon depending on scan results on his knee.

I think he meant dalton Desmond - Walker who’s here next week.

Barnes is back at seaton trained with them The other night no interest in playing semi pro wants a year out

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2024, 08:57:45 pm
Whens Dion expected back training and playing ? He hasn't appeared in any of the training pictures the club has published is he injured?

Online eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2024, 10:50:06 pm
Whens Dion expected back training and playing ? He hasn't appeared in any of the training pictures the club has published is he injured?

Dion has not missed a training session since he returned from PNG.

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2024, 10:56:11 pm
He's our best player need him on form.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2024, 05:57:33 pm
I wonder if we will see Ede the Eagle make his debut in Haven colours?

To be honest the results irrelevant, just need to get through the game with no injuries. I'd imagine the pitch will be a mud bath which will probably suit them.