HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Great post

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
on: 06 Mar 2024, 05:39:18 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League 2010 is the Jake Maizen rumour true? Are the rumours true about lads stuck in a 6 bed flat that's in poor condition like leaky roof etc true, so they all want to leave? Are rumours true lads aren't being paid again? Someone needs to clarify what's going on to the fans, because as fans who keep pumping cash into things, we want to know where we stand or are we just ****ing in the wind? None of us want to see our club go, or lose games, we have a long history, many talented players come from this area (and are lost to SL teams), yet we are the worst of 3 cumbrian sides on and off the field. Town are league below yet have out played us twice, their social media presence is far better, their online game is far better and we are left behind....again. We hear the board don't get on with one another, we hear of constant issues, we see no progress or development going on then get told fans don't support events which are usually by folk we've never heard of because we cater to OAPs that have no disposable income unlike the younger generations, don't get me wrong you need a mix of events but its constantly for older generation. I don't know who pulls what strings but it's clear as day it's not working and hasn't for many of years. We operate as a business on game days only, we should be operating 7 days a week, day and night!! Where's the ideas? Where's the hands on approach? Where's the cooperation? Where's collaboration with businesses? Where's the desire to push to succeed on and off the field? We are the laughing stock of championship. I genuinely believe I could run it better on my own, because I want it to succeed and want to make things happen and progress.  I feel for Jonty and the boys, they are the ones taking the flack but they can only do so much.  Season hasn't started and all we hear is bad news after bad news. If you don't have pride, passion and desire, please just leave the club asap. Feel sorry for Gary Eilbeck too, folk wanted him gone, runs successfull businesses so actually knows what he's doing, pumped a **** load of his own cash in and still folk wanted him gone. Chris Taylor got treated poorly with his testimonial after years of loyalty so no surprise he left for town, lads weren't paid several times and some left and will have told other players and clubs what a **** show it is and not to come here. I've seen the Maizen story and seen my arse tbh, 20/21 year I've been coming down and supporting and I'm about done now, season after season of ****e from string pullers, id always support the boys win or loss cause it is what it is, but when the behind the scenes and off the field stuff is in such disarray the on the field stuff won't fall into place. We lost Walmsley, Rourke, Walker to name a few because we can't compete financially, why?.....For all the above reasons i said. All the boys can do on that pitch now is play best they can in hopes another team comes in for them and wish every single one of the best and they can go as high as they possibly can. You walk through turnstiles, no clear indication of who sells and what half time draw is about. You win a raffle, oh go see such and such in the bar, oh so we assume we all know who this might be, you go bar, ask around, oh he's gone out, come back at full time 🙈 You go in the shop, can hardly see anything, prices are guess work and not on display, wouldn't know what's in the shop if you didn't go in. Can't buy tickets online. Can't pay by card on gates. Clubs stuck in 80s and no one knows what one another is doing. But it's the fans fault cause they either don't come to games or don't support events yet the club gives people no desire to come down. For what it's worth, for like the 5th time, IF someone is willing to accept help, I will be more than happy to help out, brain storm ideas, run with ideas, initiatives etc I don't want to hear "we've more experience than you in running a rugby club" like was said when offered help for Morgan Sindall funding and was turned away twice because the presentation was awful, because that line doesn't work in a failing club should accept help from anyone in any aspect and before rumors start I used to work for them hence how I know.

Someone of FB the response is deafening…

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2024, 08:43:27 pm
Thought the club has said if people want to help out then go down. Statement from the club is one I was hoping for and loads of stuff put to bed regarding rumours. All us fans can do is get through the gates in numbers and support the club in any way we can. I’m looking forward to our game v Swinton and will be asking mates who gave up coming to come back down and help the club out by paying to watch our team.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2024, 10:14:08 am
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛