HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Squad v Swinton Lions

Online eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
on: 15 Mar 2024, 02:07:01 pm
Jonty has named a 20 man squad for Sundays opening Betfred Championship game against Swinton Lions.

Ross AINLEY
Dion AIYE
Jake CARTER
Lucas CASTLE
Rio CORKILL
Jamie DORAN
Oscar DORAN
Will EVANS
Edene GEBBIE
Guy GRAHAM
Lachy HANNEGHAN
Connor HOLLIDAY
Ryan KING
Jake MAIZEN
Owen McCARRON
James NEWTON
Joey ROMEO
Perry SINGLETON
Curtis TEARE
Dalton DESMOND-WALKER

Match Sponsor: ORTUS ENERGY

Kick Off 3-0pm

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2024, 05:35:03 pm
Is Callum injured?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2024, 06:53:55 pm
Good squad, looking forward to seeing how they have gelled.

Altgough I thought he said that maizen, Oscar Doran, and possibly Connor were injured and if singleton was just coming back so he might not fit enough to play, so we could be down to bones again at the start of the season.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2024, 09:23:28 am
Strong squad hopefully all fit and we should win
born and bred haven.

Offline picakaz51

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2024, 10:07:36 pm
Not happy with dion being involved after the court case

Offline oh worky worky

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2024, 10:44:43 pm
No man should hit a woman ...End of.

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2024, 11:13:39 pm
don’t think Dion should ever play for haven again
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2024, 07:33:00 am
He’s been tried by a jury of his peers and issued by the crown court judge what he deemed an adequate punishment move on. Have you not heard about rehabilitation of offenders? He wouldn’t be sacked if he worked at a factory or on site why should a rugby league team be any different.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 17 Mar 2024, 08:06:28 am
He’s been tried by a jury of his peers and issued by the crown court judge what he deemed an adequate punishment move on. Have you not heard about rehabilitation of offenders? He wouldn’t be sacked if he worked at a factory or on site why should a rugby league team be any different.

Well for one no man should hit a woman!
What example is this setting for the club. (We have women supporters who will not watch the team while Dion is playing)  yes he would be sacked if he was on some jobs and being a pro player he is not setting a good example for fans and club. Will this not impact present and future sponsors?

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2024, 11:01:48 am

Why, he's  been to court and received  his sentence so what's the problem  with him playing?

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 17 Mar 2024, 11:07:08 am

What example is this setting for the club. (We have women supporters who will not watch the team while Dion is playing)  yes he would be sacked if he was on some jobs and being a pro player he is not setting a good example for fans and club. Will this not impact present and future sponsors?

Can't see any grounds why an employer could sack him for an incident outside his workplace. If certain women choose not to support the team because Dion is playing as its against their principles  then I'd  question their commitment  and not  Dion's

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 17 Mar 2024, 11:20:47 am
Quote from: picakaz51
link=topic=18860.msg242530#msg242530 date=1710626856

Can't see any grounds why an employer could sack him for an incident outside his workplace. If certain women choose not to support the team because Dion is playing as its against their principles  then I'd  question their commitment  and not  Dion's
If this was a super league club or even town I am sure people on here would be shouting about it from the roof tops ! What I am saying it’s not a good advertisement for the club considering last season we town n barrow were in the media showing their support for to stop violence against women?  I will leave it there

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 17 Mar 2024, 11:33:31 am
What he did was wrong and inexcusable but he’s paid a heavy price . His name will be tarnished and he’s got a lot of community work to get through . Hopefully he’s learnt his lesson and should be allowed to play but if he ever does this again I would get shot of. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance and that’s it

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 17 Mar 2024, 02:21:34 pm
don’t think Dion should ever play for haven again

What an utterly stupid comment to make by a perfect person whose never made a mistake  in his life.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 17 Mar 2024, 02:24:34 pm
Quote from: picakaz51
link=topic=18860.msg242530#msg242530 date=1710626856

If this was a super league club or even town I am sure people on here would be shouting about it from the roof tops ! What I am saying it’s not a good advertisement for the club considering last season we town n barrow were in the media showing their support for to stop violence against women?  I will leave it there.

Bet you believe in bringing back hanging as well, you don't  believe  in giving anyone  another chance then ?