HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Club statement tonight

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
on: 19 Mar 2024, 09:31:34 pm
https://twitter.com/OfficialHavenRl/status/1770198148171854096

Good to see the club have been open about the circumstances and their comms have been open and timed well.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2024, 09:54:11 pm
We are going to miss him big style I know what he did was wrong but from a a team performance point of view we are much weaker without him

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2024, 09:55:00 pm
How can the rfl dock him wages for the length of the ban . He's already been charged in a court of law

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2024, 10:05:53 pm
How can the rfl dock him wages for the length of the ban . He's already been charged in a court of law
I think it's the club that is docking his wages

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2024, 10:10:22 pm
It's a tricky one for the club to deal with, the bigger picture is that long term sponsors, lifelong supporters and future investors could cut all ties with the club and never return long after Dions time at the club.
They really need to be seen to be doing the right thing for themselves no matter what the court of law states

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2024, 10:13:18 pm
I think it's the club that is docking his wages

Fair enough when I first read it I thought it was the rfl who said it

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2024, 10:14:33 pm
Once a player/coach/physio/club doctor/ groundsman, any registered club volunteer,  amateur or pro is bound by the rfl operational rules.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2024, 10:26:33 pm
Fair play to the club, only thing they could do, need a new 13 asap

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2024, 05:18:43 am
He should have had a few pints, drove his car through a built up area at more than twice the speed limit then turn it over whilst trying to out run the police. The RFL wouldn’t have added any further punishment to the courts ruling for that.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2024, 08:14:11 am
If it’s to do with what happened he’s been punished in the court of law and that should be it . He shouldn’t have been banned . What he did was wrong and must serve his punishment but banning him is over the top .

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2024, 11:44:28 am
It's a tricky one for the club to deal with, the bigger picture is that long term sponsors, lifelong supporters and future investors could cut all ties with the club and never return long after Dions time at the club.
They really need to be seen to be doing the right thing for themselves no matter what the court of law st

If a lifelong supporter cuts ties with the club over this then I'd  question his commitment  to the club.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2024, 11:49:31 am
If it’s to do with what happened he’s been punished in the court of law and that should be it . He shouldn’t have been banned . What he did was wrong and must serve his punishment but banning him is over the top .

Totally agree with you, sentenced by the courts so that should be it. If he worked in a factory, couldn't se any grounds for his employer  to ban him from work and dock his wages. Rfl getting involved is IMHO  is out of order.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2024, 04:13:46 pm
It's not a tricky one and there are no " buts "saying that you may as well.just excuse what he has done
But for the club  to blame the coach and manager for picking him for Sunday is a disgrace.He is not employed by the coach or the manger ,he is employed by Whitehaven RFLC and it is down to them to take the appropriate action not the coach or the team manager .That's like saying its up to Klopp or ten hag or Guardiola to sack a player if found guilty of wrong doing ,it's not and it would never come from them it would come from the board of their clubs .
What a mess.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 20 Mar 2024, 04:29:29 pm
It's not a tricky one and there are no " buts "saying that you may as well.just excuse what he has done
But for the club  to blame the coach and manager for picking him for Sunday is a disgrace.He is not employed by the coach or the manger ,he is employed by Whitehaven RFLC and it is down to them to take the appropriate action not the coach or the team manager .That's like saying its up to Klopp or ten hag or Guardiola to sack a player if found guilty of wrong doing ,it's not and it would never come from them it would come from the board of their clubs .
What a mess.
Some of the responses to the whole story are baffling, wonder how some would react if it was their daughter on the receiving end of this.
Or how loyal they would remain to the individual if, Ortus, Bounty and other major sponsors decided to sever all ties.

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2024, 06:09:59 pm
This doesn’t sit easily with me, I think WRLFC have seriously misjudged this.  Having a step daughter who has suffered similar, a line has been crossed in my mind. Interesting comments regarding team selection lat Sunday if true. Doesn’t  reflect well at all.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2024, 06:27:36 pm by realist_2010 »