HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Club statement tonight

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2024, 07:52:14 pm
He’s been to court and is serving his punishment dished out by the court.  What has the RFL got to do with any of this. Bet there’s loads of players had a few to many pints and got into bother but hey nothing said by RFL for that. One mistake Dion has done in all his time in England and this is the aftermath.  He’s been to court and pleaded guilty so move on like.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2024, 07:59:40 pm
Not sticking up for anyone here but theres always two side to every story we have only seen one he made a mistake everyone move on I’m sure he has learned a lesson

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 20 Mar 2024, 08:31:26 pm
Not sticking up for anyone here but theres always two side to every story we have only seen one he made a mistake everyone move on I’m sure he has learned a lesson
Well I understand he’s been good for us etc but there is no place of that sort of behaviour in our society. If the. Club keep him on I am sure sponsors will walk and wher does that leave us as a club!
My view is get shot now !
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 20 Mar 2024, 11:21:05 pm
Well I understand he’s been good for us etc but there is no place of that sort of behaviour in our society. If the. Club keep him on I am sure sponsors will walk and wher does that leave us as a club!
My view is get shot now !

Time will tell if sponsors walk away but I don't  think they'll be as fickle as that. He's  done the crime so let him get on with doing the time then get on with his life and playing career. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2024, 08:09:16 am
An absolutely horrific crime and rightly punished by the club.   However the RFL are showing double standards here, when Westerman  and Hardacker recently had trouble they didn't ban them for 8 games (please don't think that I am condoning his actions)

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2024, 11:25:50 am
An absolutely horrific crime and rightly punished by the club.   However the RFL are showing double standards here, when Westerman  and Hardacker recently had trouble they didn't ban them for 8 games (please don't think that I am condoning his actions)

A crime certainly but to describe  it as horrific  is a bit OTT, its not as if he's  raped, murdered and mutilated  someone. Unfortunately  there is a culture  of mistreating women in PNG which has affected Dions actions but hopefully he's  now realised it's  not acceptable here or anywhere so put away the pitchforks  and take the wood away from the burning stake and let all parties get on with their lives. RFL definitely  out of order with the punishment , rules seemingly change if your a superleague  team it seems -again.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2024, 01:03:02 pm
This happened over 3 years ago and he has been a model professional player ever since.  One silly mistake doesn’t define someone’s life. Why can’t we be the better club and show some learning from all this. Dion pleaded guilty and the courts have dished out the punishment and now the RFL are banning him from 8 games and he receives no money at all. Come on punishments then learning from it is all that needs to happen. 

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2024, 05:17:39 pm
This happened over 3 years ago and he has been a model professional player ever since.  One silly mistake doesn’t define someone’s life. Why can’t we be the better club and show some learning from all this. Dion pleaded guilty and the courts have dished out the punishment and now the RFL are banning him from 8 games and he receives no money at all. Come on punishments then learning from it is all that needs to happen.

I agree . He’s been daft and been punished . Why does the RFL have to get their ten Penney in . Sadly the clubs in a predicament. If they back Dion they could lose fans and sponsors so it’s a tough one . At least one thing he’ll be raring to go after 8 games out

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 26 Mar 2024, 11:13:17 am

I agree . He’s been daft and been punished . Why does the RFL have to get their ten Penney in . Sadly the clubs in a predicament. If they back Dion they could lose fans and sponsors so it’s a tough one . At least one thing he’ll be raring to go after 8 games out

Heard few barra fans not coming Friday because of the Dion situation!
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 26 Mar 2024, 11:42:12 am

Any excuse to not come and watch their team get beat. Maybe we should boycott the return game and let them lose their best gate of the season
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 26 Mar 2024, 11:55:14 am

Never fetch many anyhow won't be missed

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 26 Mar 2024, 12:06:19 pm

Never fetch many anyhow won't be missed

exactly we took loads to barrow last good friday then played them here on tv and a half bus came from barrow.
born and bred haven.

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 26 Mar 2024, 01:38:39 pm
Genuine Barrow fans will be here and will contribute to what I hope will be another enjoyable experience.

Offline Senny

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 27 Mar 2024, 12:43:55 pm
I see there's some more negative press doing the rounds on social media today - apparently Tom Walker has won his Employment Tribunal case against the club for unpaid wages.