HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

baldwin

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:41:04 pm
what's everybody first impression then? or 2nd if you were at fax.

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:42:01 pm
good offload for siceys try, tackles well,takes the ball in a fair bit, not a bad played wil do until the end of the season

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:44:50 pm
Didn't see him today as I live in Chorley!
last week I thought he played quite well, plenty of effort and worked hard throughout. Was taken off with ten minutes to go as he did get tired, but that was to be expected a little.
Not a bad run in signing, will do a good job.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:01:47 pm
 I'm gonna be the first to have a bit of a gripe ( ;D). Only one thing though, he seems to plod with the ball, if he just ran and bit harder he'd make loads more yards.   ;)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:38:03 pm
he is poor don't know why we signed him

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:44:52 pm
I AGREE WASTE OFF MONEY ??? ???
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:51:00 pm
Did nothing Ford couldnt have done!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 05 Aug 2007, 07:45:38 pm
Good  offload  for  sicey's  try.  Tackled  well.   A  decent  signing  IMO

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #8 on: 05 Aug 2007, 08:04:16 pm
Some of the so called supporters who contribute to this site leave me speachless.

Simon Baldwin plays his first home game in a system he is still adjusting to and a team he is still getting to know, and some of the 'know it alls' start calling him a 'waste of money' etc. etc.

For gods sake give the guy a chance. .......If my memory serves me right,  Leafa, Summers and 'Bull' Trindle didn't look the part in their first 2-3 games, but settled into become key members of the team.

Baldwin didn't set the park alight today, but he played a valuable part. in a welcome victory.

He is going to have to up his game somewhat, I will give the 'nay sayers' that.

In Bull, Fats and even Wright (on todays showing) he has excellent examples around him of how to take up the ball in strong runs and commit the opposition defence to tacklers ....... Simon Baldwin is going to have to start putting in some 'Fats' and 'Bull' type of running drives if he is to be an asset to the team ..... but give him a chance. SIMON TAKE NOTE IF YOU READ THIS !!!

On the same theme, those who have questioned Bull in the past should have had their eyes opened today too. ......those 'Nay Sayers' have failed to realise how good he really is and how important to the team he has been since he arrived, ......simply because he is so consistant in everything he does. ...... today we really missed him, his drives, tackles, offloads and general consistency.......... mark my words, if / when Bull and Fats retire at the season end, we will struggle to find (and may never actually find) two driving and all round excellent props like them ever again.
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2007, 08:11:35 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2007, 08:08:59 pm
every one to there own no need to get nasty  >:( >:( >:(
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Kellsmarra

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2007, 08:41:50 pm
i think he done allright today ...   but would rather have jacko's aggressiveness and strong running    up the HAVEN

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 06 Aug 2007, 12:21:26 am
Some of the so called supporters who contribute to this site leave me speachless.

Simon Baldwin plays his first home game in a system he is still adjusting to and a team he is still getting to know, and some of the 'know it alls' start calling him a 'waste of money' etc. etc.

For gods sake give the guy a chance. .......If my memory serves me right,  Leafa, Summers and 'Bull' Trindle didn't look the part in their first 2-3 games, but settled into become key members of the team.

Baldwin didn't set the park alight today, but he played a valuable part. in a welcome victory.

In Bull, Fats and even Wright (on todays showing) he has excellent examples around him of how to take up the ball in strong runs and commit the opposition defence to tacklers ....... Simon Baldwin is going to have to start putting in some 'Fats' and 'Bull' type of running drives if he is to be an asset to the team ..... but give him a chance. SIMON TAKE NOTE IF YOU READ THIS !!!

On the same theme, those who have questioned Bull in the past should have had their eyes opened today too. ......those 'Nay Sayers' have failed to realise how good he really is and how important to the team he has been since he arrived, ......simply because he is so consistant in everything he does. ...... today we really missed him, his drives, tackles, offloads and general consistency.......... mark my words, if / when Bull and Fats retire at the season end, we will struggle to find (and may never actually find) two driving and all round excellent props like them ever again.

He is also going to open up the middle of the field more by allowing bench time for the other big forwards, this will give them back the impact they have not had because of 80 minutes or so that they have been needed on the paddock up till now.
Good signing not just because of his playing ability, but also for what he can do for the overall dynamics of the team!

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 06 Aug 2007, 02:05:54 pm
Solid without being spectacular.
In his heyday, he was a strong running second row out towards the centres.
Maybe, when everyone else is back and fit, he might be played there.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #13 on: 06 Aug 2007, 05:44:10 pm

For gods sake give the guy a chance. .......If my memory serves me right,  Leafa, Summers and 'Bull' Trindle didn't look the part in their first 2-3 games, but settled into become key members of the team.

I agree !!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #14 on: 06 Aug 2007, 05:53:50 pm

have to agree too.have to say he's probably got the thinest legs i've ever seen for a prop