HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 27 Oct 2006, 12:50:53 am
Very surprised at certain comments about our current board. they have done a great job and its obvious we haven'tgot anyone else to take their place so keep shtum !!  we wont have a team on the park in the not so distant future if certain "supporters keep gobbin off!!!
issues with the ground developemont can be discussed but please stop the slaggin off, :-[

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:02:19 am
Why repeatedly do our best players leave our club at the end of the season? Incompetent if you ask me.

New popular side re-development...................you guessed it incompetent.

The promotion of the club locally and throughout wider areas......... non existant.

The lack of new signings as those around us sign all and sundry as we make no attempt whatsoever to bring in fresh faces. Incompetent.

BOD as a whole...........Incompetent.

Sorry flat top but how can the board be classed as incompetent when our best players leave for more money?
what would you rather have, a club to watch week in week out who have competed for the last 3 years at a very high standard, or a bankrupt club because we were held to ransom by our overseas superstars ridiculous wage demands or other clubs ridiculous offers to them?

remember obst, summers, tandy penny, nobody had heard of them til we plucked them from country grade footy in australia, and just look how they repay us!!!
fair enough sam went to SL but the others cant honestly say they left for any other reason but daft money being offered, and like the chairman says they weren't prepared to put the future of the club at risk over these players

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 27 Oct 2006, 06:58:35 pm
Its  absolutely  crazy  to  call  the  board  incompetent.  What  about  the  Tamati  days  when  we  couldn't  even  scrape  1000  to  watch  games.

Since  then  we've  more  than  doubled  attendances,  made  2  GF's  and  very  nearly  a  3rd  and  won  our  first  bit  of  silverware  in  the  clubs  history.  On  top  of  that  the  club  has  attracted  some  quality  players  without  taking  the  club  into  debt  unlike  some  sides  I  could  mention.

I  can  understand  some  fans  being  upset  at  the  lack  of  signing's.  I  like  many  others  were  sucked  in  by  the  Nanyn  rumour  and  thought  his  signature  was  merely  a  formality.  Same  goes  for  Leafe.  In  the  end  these  lads  have  gone  to  clubs  that  can  offer  more  money  than  we  could.

As  for  the  ground  its  been  an  ongoing  saga  for  years  but  can  you  really  blame  the  BOD.  A  new  stand  is  all  part  of  the  POW  Beck  Regeneration  were  there  are  several  interested  parties  involved.  If  I  had  to  point  one  finger  for  the  slow  progress  it  would  be  our  council  and  not  the  BOD.

Rather  than  slag  people  off  lets  wait  and  see  what  unfolds  over  the  next  few  month's.  We  still  have  alot  of  quality  players  in  the  team  and  I'm  sure from  now  until  next  season  1  or  2  addition's  will  arrive  that  will   strengthen  what  is  a  good  side  even  further. :)

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2006, 09:11:34 pm
what the board's done in the last few years to get whitehaven rlfc to it's current state is fantastic like many have said the players we were hoping to sign (nayan) and players who played last season (leafa) have stayed or went to clubs who have got more money the board have took us to widnes twice for GF we were unlucky not to get into SL once don't remind me about the other time we have got to the semi-finlas of the league cup over the last few years a few years ago a top 8 finish in northen ford premiership would be an achievement now we are in Nl 1 and making the play-offs and only missing out on the grand final cause of a dodgy decision and missed kicks now we need to stop dissing the board and praise them to what they have made whitehaven rlfc into.

well done the board

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 27 Oct 2006, 11:16:09 pm
what the board's done in the last few years to get whitehaven rlfc to it's current state is fantastic like many have said the players we were hoping to sign (nayan) and players who played last season (leafa) have stayed or went to clubs who have got more money the board have took us to widnes twice for GF we were unlucky not to get into SL once don't remind me about the other time we have got to the semi-finlas of the league cup over the last few years a few years ago a top 8 finish in northen ford premiership would be an achievement now we are in Nl 1 and making the play-offs and only missing out on the grand final cause of a dodgy decision and missed kicks now we need to stop dissing the board and praise them to what they have made whitehaven rlfc into.

well done the board

And what a VERY sensible posting for a 12 year old!  Well done young man!
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

haven1985

Reply #35 on: 28 Oct 2006, 01:20:10 pm
i heard yesterday that there is 2 rugby league clubs in england that are not in debt and they are st helens and yes whitehaven... dont no if this is true but my source i dont think would lie has he knows a good few of the directors etc

Offline IWUZTHERE

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 28 Oct 2006, 02:05:31 pm
all clubs carry debt.its called manageable debt  st.helens aint no exception either.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 29 Oct 2006, 08:49:23 pm
I think the problem betwen the fans and BOD is a lack of communication. Rarely has the BOD keep in touch with the public as to whats goings on etc. It would be nice if there is a weekly column on this website from the BOD informing the fans of any new developments etc?

LuvinLeafa

Reply #38 on: 12 Jan 2007, 06:21:03 am
... I feel that I have a right of reply as things seem to be starting to get personal. I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion that is what message boards are about....

What has happened is that we have not signed anyone yet outside of last seasons squad and that Mark Leafa has joined Castleford. Mark joined Castleford despite an improved offer from us. It would have been financial suicide for us to have tried to match that offer.

Des Byrne

Indeed Des, it is personal when you so openly deceive people about what really happened with Leafa. I know him personally and, to set it straight - Mark wanted to stay at Haven. Don;t know why - the club didn't look after him at all and he had a really hard time getting sorted. He loved the town, the people and loved playing with the lads - couldn't wait to play in 2007. It was the Coach and the players pushing to get him back - and he wanted to sign before the end of the season and only wanted the same deal as he was getting. But the club dragged their feet and Mark heard nothing from the BOD despite emails and phone calls to try and sort it. The fact is that the board just didn't want him back and only put in a legitimate offer after they heard he signed with Cas. What was he meant to do? Sit around and wait for something that would never come and miss out?? He's a really genuine guy and good luck to him!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:01:02 am
... I feel that I have a right of reply as things seem to be starting to get personal. I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion that is what message boards are about....

What has happened is that we have not signed anyone yet outside of last seasons squad and that Mark Leafa has joined Castleford. Mark joined Castleford despite an improved offer from us. It would have been financial suicide for us to have tried to match that offer.

Des Byrne

Indeed Des, it is personal when you so openly deceive people about what really happened with Leafa. I know him personally and, to set it straight - Mark wanted to stay at Haven. Don;t know why - the club didn't look after him at all and he had a really hard time getting sorted. He loved the town, the people and loved playing with the lads - couldn't wait to play in 2007. It was the Coach and the players pushing to get him back - and he wanted to sign before the end of the season and only wanted the same deal as he was getting. But the club dragged their feet and Mark heard nothing from the BOD despite emails and phone calls to try and sort it. The fact is that the board just didn't want him back and only put in a legitimate offer after they heard he signed with Cas. What was he meant to do? Sit around and wait for something that would never come and miss out?? He's a really genuine guy and good luck to him!

interesting...........if true
what say you des/board? some pretty strong comments there, wonder if there is any truth in them or not?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 12 Jan 2007, 09:29:23 am
how is a guest allowed to post on this forum i thought we all had to be members to post on here..........interesting comments though
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 12 Jan 2007, 10:18:05 am
how is a guest allowed to post on this forum i thought we all had to be members to post on here..........interesting comments though

Guests aren't allowed to post. What has happened is that 'LuvinLeafa' has registered with the forum, posted the message above and then deleted their account. This results in the forum saying a guest has posted.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 12 Jan 2007, 11:20:25 am
was there any truth in that or all bull ??? ???
If your all worried now what are ya gonna be like when theres a few go next season lol
Ive sat an thort about this season and think we will get someone in but its the waiting thats killn most lol
Lets wait n see  ;) ;)

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #43 on: 12 Jan 2007, 12:49:36 pm

Guests aren't allowed to post. What has happened is that 'LuvinLeafa' has registered with the forum, posted the message above and then deleted their account. This results in the forum saying a guest has posted.

if thats the case then are there remarks worth reading...someone on a wind up i think
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 12 Jan 2007, 01:52:45 pm
Interesting if true. From what i know of Leafa he was a stand up bloke who i would have thought would stand by his word. As it was reported that he'd agreed to re-sign for Whitehaven it seemed and still seems strange that he ended up at Castleford.

Just out of interest what happened to the money gained from selling Wilkes to Widnes and why didnt we take up the option to resign the player? I would also be interested to know what the amount was we gained in compensation for allowing McCormack to sign for Widnes?