HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

left hand side defence

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2007, 10:03:06 pm
craig has improved a hell of alot team of the year in all seasons hes been at haven  maden good but not as good as craig

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2007, 11:42:37 pm
 Both have their own qualities. Maden is good defensively and pretty safe under the high ball. Calvert isn't as good as him in those areas but obviously is more prolific. People say Calvert isn't targeted enough as an attacking option, but how many chances and tries has Maden had this season? Not as many as Calvert.  Going back to the defensive, CC just needs a centre who can help organise him and who is sound defensively. Is it not just me that can see Rob Jackson should not be paired with him.  :)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 26 Aug 2007, 11:58:13 am
should be derrie and craig

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2007, 02:09:30 pm
Both have their own qualities. Maden is good defensively and pretty safe under the high ball. Calvert isn't as good as him in those areas but obviously is more prolific. People say Calvert isn't targeted enough as an attacking option, but how many chances and tries has Maden had this season? Not as many as Calvert.  Going back to the defensive, CC just needs a centre who can help organise him and who is sound defensively. Is it not just me that can see Rob Jackson should not be paired with him.  :)

all very true but calvert cannot just rely on a centre who can organise him and can tackle for him he should be able to tackle anybody who runs at him and should be able to organise himself
haven till i die

Online whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 28 Aug 2007, 05:33:25 pm
I think last season Jackson was paired up with Maden if memory serves me right. Personally  I  think  they  should  switch him  to  the  other  centre  spot.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 28 Aug 2007, 05:54:48 pm
Last season when seeds was injured and McAvoy played second row, we had jackosn playing with calvert. If Seeds retires after this season then i think we should play maden and derrie on the right side if maden stays and jackson with calvert on the left.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 29 Aug 2007, 11:26:54 am
maden or calvert personaly think their both very average calvert has great pace but nothing else gets court out with high kicks and defence is quite poor and might aswell not take the ball up because he makes no yards. Maden is very safe but i havnt seen him make a break this season people say are wingers dont get the ball but good wingers should make breaks on kick returns and scoots. Personaly i would like us to make a move for byron ford and rochdales falongo they both would improve are atttack out wide. and in centers what about bringin varkulis or hughes or haliwell or  andy kirk

popularsider

Reply #22 on: 29 Aug 2007, 12:27:21 pm
falongo? do you mean fagbourun from rochdale? agree id like to see varkulis at the recre. id also like to see gavin dodd with us as it looks more than likely maden is off back to leigh big loss i really rated steve very safe winger gives 110% always makes yards from the potb

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 2007, 05:28:33 pm
I'd love Haven to sign young Liam Harrison from Barrow if they don't get promoted. Reckon with him playing inside of Calvert, could get the best of out Calvert. Need a centre who knows when to release his winger.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:31:24 pm
have to agree wid ya mancunion marra that would be awsome to have liam harrison would give a bit more pace from the centres and the wingers so think it could be possible but we aint the coach we just pay there wages lmao

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #25 on: 01 Sep 2007, 11:23:20 pm
For the Widnes game, we need to realise their LHS is weak.............as are many of the  NL teams ... Nanyn  scores tries going fwd, ... but takes a bus width ( and 10 seconds) to turn round ... 'Haven have strenghts on LHS .......... they need a game plan to use them more often.

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:09:40 am
the truth
haven only hav calvert 4 speed
other wise he is ****
very ****
I'll bet Justin Murphy doesn't think Calvert is "very ****",............. or even just ****!!!

Saying that Calvert only plays rugby because of his speed is a bit like saying Mike Tyson only boxed because he was a hard bastard. The phrase "stating the obvious" comes to mind.

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:51:14 am
hahahahahahaha very true my friend

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:58:11 am
Thanks marra, but what are you doing up this time of night, it's got to be one of three!

1. ****ed.
2. Insane. or
3. Nightshift!

And before you ask .......All three!