HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Your best Marra stories?

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
on: 19 Feb 2008, 02:30:53 pm
I once met Calvert at a pub in Carlisle. He was most refreshed and not a little proud that I recognised him! We enjoyed a few beers and danced into the night.

Offline haven85

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2008, 04:04:46 pm
rochdale away. Best atmosphere ever.  We partied that night!

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2008, 04:18:56 pm
rochdale away. Best atmosphere ever.  We partied that night!

Rochdale is party town!

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2008, 04:33:50 pm
champ bought me a pint once  ;D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2008, 05:17:04 pm
champ bought me a pint once  ;D

excuse me grandstand...... the topic says MARRA stories, not FAIRY stories!!!   ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2008, 07:44:56 pm
Cheeky git  ;D ;D

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2008, 08:22:32 pm
Batley away 1st time on bus, it was absolutly hilarius !!!  8)

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2008, 10:12:12 pm
dewsbury away wen we were on telly last yr shouting abuse at stevo  ;D ha ha gd tyms lol

We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:03:42 pm
challenge cup, hull kr away 94/95 best haven game ever. we out numbered h k r fans . awsome atmosphere.

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:46:06 pm
oh yes i remember that game !

Mine was Bramley back in the mid 1980's and having to drink cider ar 14! A car full of drunken Haven fans, a detour into Manchester on a Sunday night looking for a chinese, ohh and next day at school my first hangover

Happy days

Monte

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2008, 11:49:00 pm
when we nearly beat saints oh what a day  ;D ;D

i stil say tommy martyn cheated us that day  :'(

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #11 on: 20 Feb 2008, 07:07:03 am
After winning the league at Rochdale... the party at the Recre was great! everyone dancing and singing on the pitch!!! The Recre flood lights were left on all night lol.....Never made it to work the next day but couldn't lie and say I was sick cause they would have know exactly were I had of been so just had to ring in and say I was still DRUNK!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 20 Feb 2008, 11:33:04 am
oldham at home, july 21st 2002, the day after puppetmasters' first born made her appearance in the world!

we won, i got very drunk and had to go round town with a huge TIGGER, bought for Amy off the lads!!

what a day!

and by an almost strange coincidence we also played oldham <june 20th>, although this time away, in the first match after the wee fella was born too!

hope we dont play em again for along time!! ;)
LOL
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2008, 01:03:22 pm by puppetmaster »
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #13 on: 20 Feb 2008, 12:41:49 pm
After winning the league at Rochdale... the party at the Recre was great! everyone dancing and singing on the pitch!!! The Recre flood lights were left on all night lol.....Never made it to work the next day but couldn't lie and say I was sick cause they would have know exactly were I had of been so just had to ring in and say I was still DRUNK!!

great day.fancy dress too.

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 20 Feb 2008, 03:36:20 pm
We played Leeds in a cup match at Headingly 1969 I think. Leeds were almost untouchable at that time and we got tonked by about 50 points but our fullback Peter Donelly kicked  his 100th goal of the season so our fans did a mini pitch invasion to congratulate him as the match was being televised on saturday afternoon Grandstand. Leeds United were also due to play the same day but their match was called off, so some of their skinheads supporters had gone to the rugby spoiling for a fight. When we invaded the pitch they saw an opportunity for a scrap and there we were battling it out on the pitch and Eddie Waring was saying we've never seen sights like this in rugby League before.

Another trip the same year was to Bramley. There was only 50 of us but we were very noisy. We had whistles foghorns etc.Anyway the ref threatenned to abandon the game unless we made less noise