Gordan Grace and Current board

Offline trigger76

• Academy Signing
on: 02 Oct 2008, 07:18:29 pm
Time to change before they do any more damage

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2008, 07:21:45 pm
Need a statement from the present board what plans are they going to use for the next 12 months before we decide whether to bring back the old board or not? Both boards doesn't know how to communicate with the fans.

Monte2carlo

Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2008, 07:23:25 pm
Time to change before they do any more damage

So what have they done wrong then ?

Monte :tip:

justonelilpoint

Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2008, 07:45:59 pm
There's times i come on here and think im back on the old marras site  :'(

Offline trigger76

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2008, 07:48:13 pm
Well I think the farce of GB testimonial is enough. He set it up and they plan to take his money, I wouldn't blame him if he takes the game to Barrow. Good luck Gary.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2008, 08:03:43 pm
Need a statement from the present board what plans are they going to use for the next 12 months before we decide whether to bring back the old board or not? Both boards doesn't know how to communicate with the fans.

IS that the old BOD that took us to the verge of CLOSURE.

HW

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2008, 08:22:47 pm

HW

Can't totally disagree with your comment HW but they did do a lot of good in the 4 or 5 years. We may never get those times back again for a while anyway.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2008, 08:28:40 pm

HW

well the new one may just complete the job
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline havenz

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2008, 09:40:27 pm

At the time of writing 13 have voted on this issue 4 of whom wish to change the BOD

Thank heavens the vast majority of Haven Fans will simply put their trust in Ged Stokes and all involved to take care of what matters, winning rugby league games for Whitehaven...........
rather than undermining the club, to those of you please please channel your energy in a more constructive way give us your solutions and exactly how you'd finance them lets pull together..........

To the 1500/2000 of you/us who turn up each week to SUPPORT and go home feeling better when we win and devastated when we lose I salute you/us

itchy waa waa

Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2008, 09:41:09 pm
keep the new bod they must have injected sum cashor we wud not have been able to make the signings we have.  i dunno how much we cud have paid but last season we were down to bare bones and had to bring tane maniHERO in. ( i am not saying tane done bad) so i think the new bod shud stay as they are only doing wat they and the players are wanting.

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:00:32 pm
I can't understand the total stupidity of some people. The old bod had Haven on the brink of closure, with no chance of survival whatsoever, they lied about money, to the fans, players and others and then they left en masse rather then face the music.

The new BOD or rather Mike Graham and Gordon Grace, as there are only two of them, came in, somehow managed to beg, steal and borrow enough money to see Haven stay afloat and get us to the end of the season and this is the way they are treated. If I were them I'd tell you all to stuff it.

Yes they made one or two decisions which raised eye brows, like bringing in Ged and Tane, but they proved to be masterstrokes!

Who knows how much GB was on or was demanding? If Benson starts next year well we'll all be saying we knew it was the right choice.

Or we could bring back Des and the rest of the blazer wearing do nowts and be out of business by Easter.  :witch:

Mike and Gordon, if you check these sites, don't let a few half-wits put you off, most of us appreciate the fact that you've saved our club. :bow:

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:14:28 pm
I can't understand the total stupidity of some people. The old bod had Haven on the brink of closure, with no chance of survival whatsoever, they lied about money, to the fans, players and others and then they left en masse rather then face the music.

The new BOD or rather Mike Graham and Gordon Grace, as there are only two of them, came in, somehow managed to beg, steal and borrow enough money to see Haven stay afloat and get us to the end of the season and this is the way they are treated. If I were them I'd tell you all to stuff it.

Yes they made one or two decisions which raised eye brows, like bringing in Ged and Tane, but they proved to be masterstrokes!

Who knows how much GB was on or was demanding? If Benson starts next year well we'll all be saying we knew it was the right choice.

Or we could bring back Des and the rest of the blazer wearing do nowts and be out of business by Easter.  :witch:

Mike and Gordon, if you check these sites, don't let a few half-wits put you off, most of us appreciate the fact that you've saved our club. :bow:

they have done right in  getting ged in and to release duffy and fletch all good moves

as for the rest is the  lease sorted they said yes and then said it still had to be signed it still isnt sorted, still no move or money on the ground front,no big investor they promised if the old BOD stepped down just a big loan

as for the old BOD lyiing about money dont think they did  ,they got in to deep and admitted it , will this BOD do the same if it happens

« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2008, 10:26:29 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:32:37 pm
keep the new bod they must have injected sum cashor we wud not have been able to make the signings we have.  i dunno how much we cud have paid but last season we were down to bare bones and had to bring tane maniHERO in. ( i am not saying tane done bad) so i think the new bod shud stay as they are only doing wat they and the players are wanting.

signings cost nothing until we start to pay them next season
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:38:05 pm

they have done right in  getting ged in and to release duffy and fletch all good moves

as for the rest is the  lease sorted they said yes and then said it still had to be signed it still isnt sorted, still no move or money on the ground front,no big investor they promised if the old BOD stepped down just a big loan

as for the old BOD lyiing about money dont think they did  ,they got in to deep and admitted it , will this BOD do the same if it happens

Well at least we are not going to be in Admin by Xmas, i did read that didnt i ?

Is that just a hunch, or you have some info?

HW

Monte2carlo

Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:42:24 pm

Well at least we are not going to be in Admin by Xmas, i did read that didnt i ?

Is that just a hunch, or you have some info?

HW

It's a hunch  :witch:

Monte :tip: