HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gordan Grace and Current board

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:45:37 pm
I can't understand the total stupidity of some people. The old bod had Haven on the brink of closure, with no chance of survival whatsoever, they lied about money, to the fans, players and others and then they left en masse rather then face the music.

The new BOD or rather Mike Graham and Gordon Grace, as there are only two of them, came in, somehow managed to beg, steal and borrow enough money to see Haven stay afloat and get us to the end of the season and this is the way they are treated. If I were them I'd tell you all to stuff it.

Yes they made one or two decisions which raised eye brows, like bringing in Ged and Tane, but they proved to be masterstrokes!

Who knows how much GB was on or was demanding? If Benson starts next year well we'll all be saying we knew it was the right choice.

Or we could bring back Des and the rest of the blazer wearing do nowts and be out of business by Easter.  :witch:

Mike and Gordon, if you check these sites, don't let a few half-wits put you off, most of us appreciate the fact that you've saved our club. :bow:

they have done right in  getting ged in and to release duffy and fletch all good moves

as for the rest is the  lease sorted they said yes and then said it still had to be signed it still isnt sorted, still no move or money on the ground front,no big investor they promised if the old BOD stepped down just a big loan

as for the old BOD lyiing about money dont think they did  ,they got in to deep and admitted it , will this BOD do the same if it happens

Well at least we are not going to be in Admin by Xmas, i did read that didnt i ?

Is that just a hunch, or you have some info?

HW

not a hunch just the way i walk
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:47:37 pm
Need a statement from the present board what plans are they going to use for the next 12 months before we decide whether to bring back the old board or not? Both boards doesn't know how to communicate with the fans.

IS that the old BOD that took us to the verge of CLOSURE.

HW

Prove it! I have never seen any cold hard facts or figures to prove this. Just a mad jumble of stupid figures in a variety of papers earlier in the year. OH and that bloody 'one day from closure' quote from some clown!

I have said it before and I will say it again there is a great deal that the fans do not know about what has gone on off the field this year. Far too many stories, rumours, claims, counter claims and lies. You can't tell what's going on!

The new BOD is not completely bad, but neither was the old one. Get real, all they did was chase our dreams and aspirations. If they had saved the cash and we had been relegated people would have been on here slagging them off for that too.

I don't think we will ever know all the facts about what went on.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:51:06 pm
I can't understand the total stupidity of some people. The old bod had Haven on the brink of closure, with no chance of survival whatsoever, they lied about money, to the fans, players and others and then they left en masse rather then face the music.

The new BOD or rather Mike Graham and Gordon Grace, as there are only two of them, came in, somehow managed to beg, steal and borrow enough money to see Haven stay afloat and get us to the end of the season and this is the way they are treated. If I were them I'd tell you all to stuff it.

Yes they made one or two decisions which raised eye brows, like bringing in Ged and Tane, but they proved to be masterstrokes!

Who knows how much GB was on or was demanding? If Benson starts next year well we'll all be saying we knew it was the right choice.

Or we could bring back Des and the rest of the blazer wearing do nowts and be out of business by Easter.  :witch:

Mike and Gordon, if you check these sites, don't let a few half-wits put you off, most of us appreciate the fact that you've saved our club. :bow:

they have done right in  getting ged in and to release duffy and fletch all good moves

as for the rest is the  lease sorted they said yes and then said it still had to be signed it still isnt sorted, still no move or money on the ground front,no big investor they promised if the old BOD stepped down just a big loan

as for the old BOD lyiing about money dont think they did  ,they got in to deep and admitted it , will this BOD do the same if it happens

Well at least we are not going to be in Admin by Xmas, i did read that didnt i ?

HW

Well be careful you may trip up one of these days.

HW

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:53:24 pm

HW

Well be careful you may trip up one of these days.

HW

too carefull for that
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 02 Oct 2008, 11:16:05 pm
Problem is with the way the current BOD seem to communicate with both the media and the fans. This lack of transparency leads to rumours starting and people jumping to their own conclusions without knowing any facts.

As Ive stated on a different thread there needs to be a supporters representative on the BOD. This would enable us to be heard and take a bit of pressure off Graham and Grace. I would also suggest the 3 supporters clubs which are apparently in existence to amalgamate into one for the good of the club.

We need to know what we are building for? Are we just treading water taking each day as it comes or are we truthfully planning on applying for SL next time around. Either way through letting the fans know the current BOD would take an enormous amount of pressure off themselves.

justonelilpoint

Reply #20 on: 03 Oct 2008, 05:51:49 am

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #21 on: 03 Oct 2008, 07:01:47 pm

At the time of writing 13 have voted on this issue 4 of whom wish to change the BOD

Thank heavens the vast majority of Haven Fans will simply put their trust in Ged Stokes and all involved to take care of what matters, winning rugby league games for Whitehaven...........
rather than undermining the club, to those of you please please channel your energy in a more constructive way give us your solutions and exactly how you'd finance them lets pull together..........

Would like to point ou that  a) this thread is about the board and not Ged!!!!!
                                     b) I was 1 of the minority who said on here that we should have got ged after St Mac left. Lets keep to the point of the thread
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #22 on: 03 Oct 2008, 07:06:06 pm

At the time of writing 13 have voted on this issue 4 of whom wish to change the BOD

Thank heavens the vast majority of Haven Fans will simply put their trust in Ged Stokes and all involved to take care of what matters, winning rugby league games for Whitehaven...........
rather than undermining the club, to those of you please please channel your energy in a more constructive way give us your solutions and exactly how you'd finance them lets pull together..........

Would like to point ou that  a) this thread is about the board and not Ged!!!!!
                                     b) I was 1 of the minority who said on here that we should have got ged after St Mac left. Lets keep to the point of the thread

..and i must get this bl++dy spell checker to work

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #23 on: 03 Oct 2008, 07:09:04 pm
Problem is with the way the current BOD seem to communicate with both the media and the fans. This lack of transparency leads to rumours starting and people jumping to their own conclusions without knowing any facts.

As Ive stated on a different thread there needs to be a supporters representative on the BOD. This would enable us to be heard and take a bit of pressure off Graham and Grace. I would also suggest the 3 supporters clubs which are apparently in existence to amalgamate into one for the good of the club.

We need to know what we are building for? Are we just treading water taking each day as it comes or are we truthfully planning on applying for SL next time around. Either way through letting the fans know the current BOD would take an enormous amount of pressure off themselves.

Well the new BOD ( although old BOD still do a lot of unseen work beind the scenes ) will have an opportunity to update us on  finance, the new stand amended plans and poss new players at the presentation night in early Nov. Heres hoping

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 04 Oct 2008, 04:37:19 pm

Well the new BOD ( although old BOD still do a lot of unseen work beind the scenes ) will have an opportunity to update us on  finance, the new stand amended plans and poss new players at the presentation night in early Nov. Heres hoping

maybe then some of those on here could ask the questions they want answered, instead of turning up at these do's and saying nothing then coming back on here and complaining they dont get told anything!!?? ;) ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 04 Oct 2008, 05:03:47 pm
It never ceases to amaze me, some of the comments on this board.
The only problem , imo, is that the current BOD is not big enough. Two blokes cannot run a club like Whitehaven long term and more expertise is required in certain fields to move us forward.
Even if the new BOD members haven't got hard cash to inject, they could offer other expertise i.e marketing and communication.
As a club, Haven, and Town to a certain extent, have failed to adapt to change and haven't moved with the times like other clubs. We seemed to have missed a trick on several fronts over the years.
I'm sure the current regime have considered this, but wouldn't it benefit the club by having a member of, say, Washington International on board, after all , Whitehaven RLFC is a business, with the same challenges other businesses have.
I have said it before on here, the possibilities to tap into the rich resources 12 miles down the road should have been explored long ago, and with the right people at the helm, we could be one of the wealthiest clubs in the league.

Offline Havendiehard

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 04 Oct 2008, 06:38:17 pm
I am one of the co-owners of the Internet Support Group. Since our formation in 2001 we have raised several thousand pounds for the club, mainly through our player sponsorship scheme. I was approached earlier this year by a representative of the club to discuss the possible joining together of the three support groups. I think the idea was to try to get us singing from the same hymn sheet, which in principle was a good idea - after all we are all striving to achieve the same goal - success for Whitehaven RLFC. This would have been difficult to achieve, I was prepared to sit round a table with the other groups to at least listen to any proposals and then put these thoughts to my other co-owners. This meeting never took place, it was around the time of the important AGM and obviosly other matters were more pressing! The current BOD are short on numbers, which means increased workload for those involved. As stated somewhere earlier, the last Suporters representative was Kenny Shepherd and he didn,t do a bad job!

Mike R

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 04 Oct 2008, 08:23:24 pm
people should give the board a break this board pulled us out of the proverbial and aswell as having to offload great players have still managed to sign players and manage to compete in a very difficult league very successfully.well done to the board and heres to 2009 and success
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 04 Oct 2008, 08:43:44 pm
thanks gordon grace  :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Random

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 05 Oct 2008, 01:59:59 am
I've never heard of any one claiming to be a CO-OWNER of a supporters club??

Surely a supporters club has members, some of which play a greater administrative role - but OWN it? Sound like we have 3 supporters clubs to satisfy the ego's of 3 lots of 'OWNERS'!!

A treasurer.....A secretary.....A chairman even.....but an owner???

How many people are in this club? - Is it the popular front of Whitehaven or the Whitehaven peoples front or indeed the popular peoples front? (that's a monty python joke for the benefit of our younger readers)