Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2008, 05:53:49 pm

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 04 Nov 2008, 05:55:50 pm

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 04 Nov 2008, 06:58:11 pm
so 13 games for the price of 10 .but the 3 extra are games , depending on the other team (amateurs in the CC) etc or lower league teams in the NR, then some may give these a miss, so no incentive what so ever to buy one

another master stroke in marketing from the 3 musketeers
we get ST out months after everyone else
we increase gate prices when everyone one else is offering deals for reduced gate prices

we are increasing sponsorship costs in a credit crunch

they have lost the plot
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2008, 07:00:16 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #7 on: 04 Nov 2008, 07:00:27 pm

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 04 Nov 2008, 07:11:24 pm
ive got to say that is very disappointing to say the least i was expecting some sort of reduction in matchday and season tickets surely we could of come up with some kind of offers ie
2 adults plus one child in for 25 quid
2 adults plus 2 kids 30 quid
season tickets can be paid for by end of northern rail group games it doesnt take much to come up with something that benefits all i would sooner have 2000 through the gate at 11 quid a head than 1000 at 14 cos thats whats gonna happen
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #9 on: 04 Nov 2008, 07:20:01 pm
excatly marra,,,does anyone know what payment to the club the cheeseburger stall pays??????????????????????????????????i reckon there's a small fortune there to be made

Offline w/haven lass

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 04 Nov 2008, 07:24:38 pm
excatly marra,,,does anyone know what payment to the club the cheeseburger stall pays??????????????????????????????????i reckon there's a small fortune there to be made

couple of hundred quid add to that the cost of stock which is not as cheap as some people think,then add wages, its not as much profit as some might think....

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 04 Nov 2008, 07:57:58 pm
ive got to say that is very disappointing to say the least i was expecting some sort of reduction in matchday and season tickets surely we could of come up with some kind of offers ie
2 adults plus one child in for 25 quid
2 adults plus 2 kids 30 quid
season tickets can be paid for by end of northern rail group games it doesnt take much to come up with something that benefits all i would sooner have 2000 through the gate at 11 quid a head than 1000 at 14 cos thats whats gonna happen

The current so called BOD have absolutely NO marketing, media or public relations ability between them. In fact if public relations ability was made of ****e they wouldn't have enough to muster a fart!

How backward is our BOD? God its frightening how much they live in the past!

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 04 Nov 2008, 09:10:10 pm
Well I must say I am not the least but surprised by this.  The commercial marketing we have is absolutely ZERO.

After years of suggestions, still there is no inkling of a Family Ticket as employed by many clubs these days. We seem to want to alienate ourselves from getting more supporters down at the Rec by not offering decent incentives for regular match goers to bring a friend along by purchasing a Family Ticket.  These friends might just decide "Hey, this is great, I might see if Uncle Such and Such and Auntie So and So want to bring Cousin WhatsHisName and his playmate - they would love this!"  Hence bringing said family members along next match.  If they decide that Rugby isn't for them they have not lost a great deal of money, but if they like it, hey presto!  another few regular supporters through the turnstiles.  You know the old addage speculate to accumulate.  We miss the boat everytime! 

You see many more people through the gates when the Co-operative are handing out free family tickets for televised games, and if the option of a family ticket at a reasonable price for future games was on offer, again they might just come along.

Our Season Ticket prices are offering no incentive whatsoever. 

Given the current Credit Crunch, people will definitely pick and choose their matches now - as J1LP says, I would rather be sitting at home on a horrendous February Sunday when the wind blowing a hooley and snow and hailstones driving down than being down at the Rec getting soaked to the skin and watching us play a mediocre NL2 side in a tin-pot cup and having to pay a kings ransom for the privilege!

I too can see gates dropping to an all time low in the 2009 season.  Which will mean a drop in Half Time Draw ticket sales and bar takings will surely drop as a result of people picking their matches.  We will, of course have a small increase in spectators when playing a higher calibre opposition, but this will not off-set what we will lose by people choosing to miss out on the lower calibre oppoisition matches, either way the club loses out and loyal support.  Loyalty costs nothing, but will cost WRLFC a lot, just read the posts already added to this thread.

I understand that everyone is experiencing the pinch and WRLFC is no exception, but with this increase all I can predict is a marked reduction in crowd figures this year. 

Think of the other things families can do on a Sunday afternoon?  A day at the beach, family barbecues, a walk around the harbour, all these can be done on a limited budget and you will get much more for your money than 80 minutes of Rugby League. 

Come on BOD, give us, the supporters, a better deal as the current ones are NOT whetting the appetite in the slightest.

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

justonelilpoint

Reply #13 on: 04 Nov 2008, 09:30:30 pm
The days of offering a discount to save on a few games to me have gone...All you save now is the cost of 2 maybe 3 games against poor opposition...If you missed those games would you really care ?

Would be better offering season ticket just on the 10 league games....or why not offer different incentives for stumping your cash up front ? vouchers for bar? free entry to presentation night, 50% of new home shirt...all kinds that could be though of i guess than simply giving you 10 games for price of 12/13
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2008, 10:02:26 pm by justonelilpoint »

justonelilpoint

Reply #14 on: 04 Nov 2008, 10:03:16 pm
The days of offering a discount to save on a few games to me have gone...All you save now is the cost of 2 maybe 3 games against poor opposition...If you missed those games would you really care ?

Would be better offering season ticket just on the 10 league games....or why not offer different incentives for stumping your cash up front ? vouchers for bar? free entry to presentation night, 50% of new home shirt...all kinds that could be thought of i guess than simply giving you 10 games for price of 12/13