• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 05 Nov 2008, 12:10:50 am
if the ground was up to standard it maybe bring more in on those wet days also

justonelilpoint

Reply #17 on: 05 Nov 2008, 08:33:00 am

Offline kellsendian

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 05 Nov 2008, 01:06:20 pm
well im sad to say this but rl is becoming a luxury i can no longer afford the credit crunch is hitting hard i had thought if there was some reduction in prices then we could manage but at the prices shown its just not possible

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #19 on: 05 Nov 2008, 07:08:41 pm
Come on, what is it you want, cheap rugby and no money flow into the club, or stump up the stated gate money and help the club float financially.

You can't have it both ways, you ask for team strengthening, but don't want to pay your way.

Get real ..... the BOD are not running a charity.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 05 Nov 2008, 07:28:07 pm
Come on, what is it you want, cheap rugby and no money flow into the club, or stump up the stated gate money and help the club float financially.

You can't have it both ways, you ask for team strengthening, but don't want to pay your way.

Huddersfield and even Workington aren't charities either yet how come they can offer extremely good value for money on their tickets?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 05 Nov 2008, 08:31:49 pm
Cheaper  ticket  prices  are  something  the  club  need  to  consider  especially  with  Fuel  prices  and  other  rising  costs.  The  cheaper  the  ticket  the  more  fans  they'll  get  through  the  gate  and  then  once  inside  maybe  they'll  buy  a  programme  or  a  draw  ticket  or  even  a  pint  or  2.  If  thats  the  case  at  least  te  club  will  recoup  some  cash  lost  on  gate  receipts  and  a  bigger  vocal  support  may  just  help  the  side  win  more games :)

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 05 Nov 2008, 08:37:00 pm
Huddersfild have a far bigger catchment area and can run more diverse money raising schemes to cover their loss leaders which get fans in.

Workington know they only offer an absolute rubbish team and so can't get people into watch without giving two for one ar half price offers. Hear they may even be offering season ticket buyers a chance to sit on Santa's knee nearer o Christmas. DR's Santa suit hasn't arrived jst yet.   

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 05 Nov 2008, 09:20:03 pm

If rumours are right, all the BODs are doing are driving us into a

MASSIVE BLACK HOLE

HW

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 05 Nov 2008, 09:56:26 pm
HISTORY LESSON :-

Club has financial problems

Intrim finances secured to deliver short term stablity

New BOD seek new financial sources

Fans rabbit on about needing new players

New financial sources prove difficult to obtain

BOD back manager in a few new signings while financies remain critical

Fans moan on about price of season tickets and match entrance fees.

Club folds while fans blame BOD

Last line is a look into the future, given some fans unreasonable attitude to paying there way on match days ... wake up you moaners ... you havent a clue.

« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2008, 10:06:16 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:06:34 pm
people arent moaning about the bod just the lack of ideas the club dont come up with unlike other clubs yes we want success and yes we know that comes at a price but as i said earlier you have to keep people interested in things a upping prices causes uniterest as it has showed in only the last few years at whitehaven as our crowds have nose dived i blame the board for one thing only and that is not listening to its customers
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 05 Nov 2008, 10:35:41 pm
I think you are missing our point cbandg01. We don't want the prices to be less so x amount of fans save a bit of money. We want schemes and initiatives to be introduced similar to ones at other clubs which will bring MORE fans through the turnstiles and increase revenue in other areas.

We are all fully aware that times are hard at the moment, but surely they are at other clubs across the country as well? It's not just Whitehaven who are feeling the pinch. So with that been said, surely some of the schemes on this forum could at least be seriously considered and implemented by the club?

Monte2carlo

Reply #27 on: 05 Nov 2008, 11:36:34 pm
So let me get this right you think that the club should reduce its admission pricesl go sign SL quality players and pay bills !

Hmm what happened the last time we tried this game of signing big name players and forgetting to pay bills.

Get real, the club has only increased the gate price by around the current inflation mark.

Monte :tip:

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 06 Nov 2008, 12:00:49 am
Again that is not the point I'm making. Why can't we at Whitehaven offer similar deals that other clubs across the league are doing? Or at least some kind of scheme which shows we do have at least a single ounce of marketing ability at the club.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2008, 01:07:27 pm by Flannerz »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 06 Nov 2008, 01:03:56 pm
Again that is not the point I'm making. Why can't we at Whitehaven offer similar deals that other clubs across the league are doing? Or at least some kind of scheme which shows we do have at least single ounce of marketing ability at the club.

John you might as well talk to a Brick Wall. Some of them are that blinkered, they will never agree to change or innovation.

HW