HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Poll: Would you be in favour of merger if it guaranteed SL rugby in West Cumbria

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Would you be in favour of merger if it guaranteed SL rugby in West Cumbria?

No need for ''id never watch a team like that'' comments its a simple yes/no poll to gauge opinion.

Vote now!

itchy waa waa

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
I not going to get involved in a slagging match on here, its a reasonable question/poll.

i voted no for a few reasons, here is my main ones;

we have all complained about the favoured or fast tracked teams (celtic/catalans/london/ toulouse) so what makes us different to all these teams if we are given a franchise just because we feel a merged team deserves one

I love the fact that our small town on the west cumbrian coast has a professional sporting team and if we do ever get into Super Duper League we will have shown that no matter what the area's circumstances great strides can be made
well said
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Just  a  year  or  2  ago  I  would  ave  voted  NO  but  today  I've  gone  YES.

If  we  can't  get  the  ground  sorted  and  a  cash  injection  into  the  club  in  the  next  few  years  then  we  haven't  a  cat  in  hells  chance  of  SL.  It  will  simply  be  a  pipe  dream.  We'll be  seeing  another  French  side  and  godforbid  even  a  Scottish  or  an  Irish  team  before  we  get  a  Cumbrian  side  in  SL.

If  on  the  other  hand  finance  became  available  for  a  new  stadium  and  a  guaranteed  place  in  SL  then  you'd  be  crazy  not  to  consider  it.  You  could  even  keep  Haven  and  Town  as  feeder  clubs  bringing  on  young  local  talent.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
For purely selfish reasons I said no.  Quite simply I support whitehaven and have done for at least 32 years.  I don't live in cumbria any more but still go to games.  If haven were replaced by a 'merged' team then I would have no interest or emotional link to the 'merged' team and defo wouldn't do a 200 mile round trip to watch them!!!

Offline cano

• Academy Star
  • Haven in the Maldives
 :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
Definitely NO!!!!!, Thought we'd  abandoned this idea to the bin years ago Haven is Haven, Town are Town lets leave it at that and lets put all our efforts in moving Haven forward and securing a S.L place on our own merits.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
the way SL is run why do we want to be in there, they will weed out all the heart land clubs for dublin etc etc

and in 5 years there would then be no haven, no town and no cumbrian team in SL

id rather watch competitive NL1 any day
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
For purely selfish reasons I said no.  Quite simply I support whitehaven and have done for at least 32 years.  I don't live in cumbria any more but still go to games.  If haven were replaced by a 'merged' team then I would have no interest or emotional link to the 'merged' team and defo wouldn't do a 200 mile round trip to watch them!!!

This is exactly the same for me! (Even the number of years I think? Miles is 248 though  :()

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
For those that vote yes you are hammering the nails into the coffin of WHITEHAVEN RLFC. By this I mean look at Huddersfield Sheffield the poor old eagles got the boot and the same would happen here because our neighbours look as if they will be getting a new ground of some sorts in the near future & SKY would rather send SL cameras to a fancy stadium that to our dump( That so hurts me to say this). All home games would be opposite grounds for a while but then they would gradually fade the recre out until all games were played at Town, then the RFL would change the name from cumbria back to Town. Then were are we then nowhere.

Ivor
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
if we were guaranteed i would say yes and did

but if it wasnt no

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline jonah1

• Academy Star
Ive said NO. I have haven blood in my veins and nothing else. We have got alot of history at this club and I dont want it to disapear.
Even if somebody did decide to have a cumbrian team seperate to haven I would still go down to the recre.
I do believe that we will get this new stand/stadium and I do believe that haven will go from strength to strength in the future.

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
i said yes. my main reason being..we would get rid of alot of the town players and it would just near enough be the same team that haven play now, also more money, better stadium, and a chance to see what the boys can do in SL. i understand why people say no though and i agree with some but i think if we are being serious the only way that we can bring SL to cumbria in the near future is if we merge together.
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline jonah1

• Academy Star
how are we going to benefit from merging with town? They are in a worse situation than we are!

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
NO!
Its Whitehaven or nowt for me.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2008, 04:18:28 pm by whitehavenRLforever »