HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Poll: Would you be in favour of merger if it guaranteed SL rugby in West Cumbria

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
 >:( >:(Keith I can 100% tell you that I have never been on or wrote on the reds web site. I can count on 2 hands the amount of reds games that I have been to and that was when Paul Stewart played. Anyone who knows me will tell you I eat sleep and dream haven.

Ivor
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
>:( >:(Keith I can 100% tell you that I have never been on or wrote on the reds web site. I can count on 2 hands the amount of reds games that I have been to and that was when Paul Stewart played. Anyone who knows me will tell you I eat sleep and dream haven.

Ivor

Okay mate no disrespect meant but as I say some of the stuff the Reds are spouting is unbelievable.

They even looked on the referendum result as a victory for their stance.    725 people bothered to vote in a referendum that Allerdale Council had said they didn't have to abide by because it was only for the Workington Town council area.    Because only 161 of the 725 voted for a new single stadium their logic was that because the other 17,750 people didn't bother then they must agree with the Reds!!!!!!

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
The honest answer is, I voted yes. Not because I want to see the end of Whitehaven RLFC, cos I seriously dont, but that MIGHT happen in the long term anyway with no serious propspect of SL.

People round here deserve to see top-flight rugby league and there is enough money at the moment (with Sky on board) to make up for the shakey first couple of years.

Never gonna happen anyway so, UP THE HAVEN!
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Come on njg4haven, don't tell me that you haven't noticed some of the credit crunch in Whitehaven as well!!!!   One of the shops that is closing is a card shop which was one of three such shops in the space of a 100 yards.    The thing is there are new premises there after we recover from the credit crunch for budding entrepeneurs.

As for the referendum!!!   Yes the people have spoken all 547 of them!!!!   Or as the local rag headling went, "Workington rejects new stadium".    What a load of tommyrot. 

Offline shaggy haven forever

• Academy Signing
no can not see me or any other loyal haven fan sharing a terrace with any other set of fans to watch a mergered team what i want to see is HAVEN in super league ;D
i know i am i'm sure i am haven til i die

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2009, 03:17:48 pm by Keith »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite

justonelilpoint

Two points the fickle fans who desert any side when things are pretty average or dire..would do exactly same with a new side...then what happens when Cumbria loses its franchise through poor gates etc.

2nd point Kids have left Cumbria for years..it isnt a new thing..remember  Chris Rudd, Dave Elliot, Gary Chambers,Jonathan Neil all moving on to pastures new.
Even if we had a new super club...the lure of Wigan, Leeds Saints -massive clubs etc would still be there.

Happy for someone to go ahead an looking into starting a new one, Just wish some would forget the thought of merging and killing two clubs in process!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
why do people continue to raise this rubbish time after time nobody wants it and it will never happen,if it takes 50 year for haven to get to sl so be it we will eventually get there and is it the be all and end all if we dont whitehaven rl is what it is and the likes of phil clarke keith or anyone else cannot tell us what we have or havent to do!!!!!!
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Its the same people shouting the same arguements. Im more than happy watching competative games at whatever level Haven are. If I thought the SL was the be all and end all then I could quite easily get in the car and go and watch a game every week, its not like the 'Good Old Days' when any trip to Lancashire or other such far away lands was looked upon with a great wonderment. SL is only down the road, if anyone wants to watch that week in week out then its still played in the North of England if memory serves me right, they're more than wlecome to toddle of and watch it, I can watch my team in my home town and Im more than happy doing that thank you very much.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Sorry folks but if you read things instead of jumping ahead you will see that the subject has been raised by your club's youth development officer and your Head Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
it comes up time and time again by the same people and it will again in a few months or we lose a came or 2. its pontless saying out