HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The forum and 'libel' with added message about personal abuse and 'facts'

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
This is just a reminder that any comments posted on this forum although now not accredited to the club, they are still putting the site owner (Flannerz), the mods and other admin in serious trouble if libellous.

If these comments are not removed quickly then it is obvious that more people will read it and we will get into trouble. All those who posted in 'the thread' which has been deleted have kept it fresh for more people to read. I am aware that some were calling for it to be deleted however there is a report function on the page and we would advise on using this if you believe the comments are libellous. If we end up getting shut down there won't be a forum for us all to talk on of this quality. Us Mods and Admins cannot be on all the time. I, for instance, like most work during the day and don't always read the forum but always read my e-mails, at some point, where reported messages arrive.

We cannot continue to put the site at risk so with consultation it has been decided that any libellous comments or serious character deformation will result in a ban, length decided by the Admin responsible. Any body who posts in these threads and doesn't report it may also be banned.

So in summary:

If you want this site to continue functioning

Libel =  :shake:
Not reporting libel =  :shake:
Admins =  :grrr:

Reporting libel =  :nod:
Not posting libel =  ;D :nod:
Admins =  8)
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2009, 10:41:10 pm by havendan »
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Right chaps, now we don't want to be branded with the whole 'upsetting Ged' brigade so any personal abuse is out of the question as you'd expect. Yet again any punishment will be decided by an admin - depending on what mood they're in. Along with the libel stuff ignorance is no excuse - if you think any post borders on this report it. Your username will remain anonymous. If people continue to post it gets more views and is all round just bad for the forum.

Now we've noticed people bringing up the subject of players' pay. I don't care if you wrote the invoice that gets sent to the player after every match - this is not a topic for a public forum - so just leave it.

I feel pretty narked about Ged's comments if I'm honest because this forum is not a bad forum and the posters here bring up great discussion and discuss what needs to be said. So carry on - let's just not cross the line and give people an excuse to twine.

:tip: 
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2013, 07:03:12 am by havendan »
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.