HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Geds Unhappy

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
on: 15 Mar 2009, 07:43:54 pm
I believe Ged is unhappy with the NEGATIVE comments that are been posted across  ALL THE HAVEN FORUMS on the net.

I understand he came in for a bit or criticism at Gateshead, and he along with his family were Swore At!

I cannot condone that, and if true the Offenders should be sorted, but for him to then FALL INTO THE GUTTER and do the same in TODAY'S AFTER MATCH SPEECH, shows what we have got ourselves into.

A lot of his troubles at Town were caused by his Wife posting on the Town MBs, trying to defend him and the team.

My view is that most that post on here ATTEND the games, pay their money and are so entitled to their say. That doesnt mean you can go out and ABUSE anyone,but just show your disgust and upset at the way the team are playing.

If Ged cannot take the criticism, well its maybe time that Haven and Ged went there separate ways.

I will hold my hand up and say, i didnt want Stokes last year, when Crarey left, but he turned us around. But this season with some of his Signings and Decisions, it makes you wonder if he is on a SECRET MISSION to ruin us!

Well thats my rant, some might agree with me, most will disagree but if anyone wants to know who i am, send me a PM, and I will give you my name.

HW

Offline miss cheeky 2009

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:00:19 pm
well think ged stokes should be well impressed with his lads today and i think the fans will agree with that cause they come out fighting much better then they played last week and any other match they played well done lads

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:07:01 pm
i was down today the lads were bril we should be singing when were wining not whinging  :tip:

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:08:00 pm
For a professional coach to be bothered about forum comments is pathetic.

If you can't deal with the pressure, don't take the job - it's as simple as that.

Personal abuse is obviously unacceptable, but this is getting to the stage that we had last season when Alan Irving/e mentioned RegDunns in his column and John Cox the other week mentioning people 'hiding' behind forum names.

These forummers often tell the feeling amongst the less vocal majority and basically say what everyone is feeling. The start to this season hasn't exactly been breath taking and people aren't happy with some of the signings.

Deal with it Ged, people will stop criticising when we start consistently performing, and in turn, that is your job  ;)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline kellsendian

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:19:57 pm
what did he say in his speech

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:30:01 pm
Suspect he is ****ed at the stick lavu is taking which is understrandable

No coach wants his player vili  vified like Lavu is.

he (and i know this) is all so concerned or would like the fans to know the difficulty the club has had signing players this year both because of finance and the quota ruling.

Actaully believe if stokes was given a decent squad ( Halifax or Widnes for example) he would walk this league     
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2009, 08:38:58 pm by Boxer »

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:35:35 pm
Suspect he is ****ed at the stick lavu is taking which is understrandable

No coach wants his player vil vified like Lavu is.

he (and i know this) is all so concerned or would like the fans to know the difficulty the club has had signing players this year both because of finance and the quota ruling.

Actaully believe if stokes was given a decent squad ( Halifax or Widnes for example) he would walk this league     

i agree boxer he is a quality coach, but as today proved he can let himself down at time

as i have said no doubt lavu will take loads of stick from todays game when there were players who offered a lot less 
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2009, 08:43:01 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:40:31 pm
Lavu is doing ok on the two or three games i have witnessed, not brilliant but holding his own.  certainly not the worst player week in week out.

Offline kellsendian

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:40:50 pm
what did he say :o

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:51:09 pm
OMG! What did he say! Just tell us! >:( :)
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:59:14 pm
"stick with me and my town rejects and we will get you into super league in 5 years"

justonelilpoint

Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:08:24 pm
He repeated the words aimed at him by one or two fans at gateshead ..One of them you'll find on another thread already.
He's quite right that no one should be called stuff like that, But then he shouldnt get up on stage in front of women and children..and Cath giel and Dick Razz...and repeat what he was called! ???

Oh and he took a swipe at web sites and stuff being posted on them

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:38:18 pm
Not sure thats anything to be bothered about personally the bloke cares , he knows this year has been Sh**te financially. the team won and he wanted to strike back.

Personally i have taken it when i was playing , certainly dont think twice about passing an opinion and dont see why the coach should not express his opinions if any women were in there then so what its 2009 .  as for children then its the parents fault for taking them in a boozer .. its hardly Broosters.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2009, 09:58:55 pm by Rodderz »

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:40:51 pm
boxer you are a muppet :witch:
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:43:40 pm
A couple of years ago when Town played at Gateshead, Ged made similar claims about supporters abusing him and his family and if you remember, that time he went to the press about it, in fact I think it made front page news in the N & S.  He then went on to attack people who used the forums then as well.

Some people disputed some of what was alleged and others said the problem was exagerated by Ged's friends and family.   It seems he still cannot accept that not everyone believes he is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!!

Sorry, Boxer, but it just depends if you want to portray yourself and your club as professional or not.   With that attitude you will definitely chase away family members, at least any families I know that go to matches.   I can't speak for you obviously.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!