HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Geds Unhappy

nevah

Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:51:32 pm
First BIG mistake Ged.
You need to chill and get the supporters on your side.
The more you bite the more likely you'll get caught.
Like it or lump it, this forum is to voice all reasonable and sensible opinions.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:54:35 pm
Is it just me or does there seem a barrier of some sort between Ged and the fans, like an us and them mentality? I certainly don't recall such a feeling with Stevie Mac. Maybe I'm way off the mark here, just thinking out loud though...

Offline bill wuz

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:58:18 pm
agree to a point keith but you know as well as i do he was verbally abused once to often at the town versus barrow game and i and four other members of our group seen this if it had been me or you we would have ripped the abusers face off their and then, the abuser eventually copped a ban from all grounds in cumbria, my point being a guy can only be pushed so far,but on the other hand i am not condoning any bad language  in mixed company,is best bet would be not to read any comments on these forums, because every one in the world has the right to comment but not every body has the knowledge.

justonelilpoint

Reply #18 on: 15 Mar 2009, 10:04:43 pm
Put it another way if Alex Ferguson got up on TV and in an interview had a rant and said i dont like being called a C***....how would the media and public react ?

Im not disagreeing he was provoked or even wrong bringing it up in the club..He could have chosen his words more wisely and simply said me and my family dont need abuse

Offline havenite

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 15 Mar 2009, 10:07:37 pm
I can understand Geds annoyance at whats gone on before , but he is ill advised to get into mud slinging with supporters , Surley the head Coach must be above that sort of behaviour .

Seems to me the club has enough challenges ahead of it without the supporters falling out with club officials .

I also would have though that the BOD being to hand while all this was happening can only imply  that they condone Geds actions . While they may well feel that they support Ged in this , its not a wise move for them to be sen to be party what is a pretty regretable incident .

Buts whats happened has happened , lets hope everyone forgets it asap .and we get on with more importatnt business .

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2009, 10:07:50 pm

Offline bill wuz

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2009, 10:11:13 pm
sort of get your point chris, i can never ever remember maggie thatcher and she was britains number 1 @@@@, she had the right idea sink a few argie ships and get it out of your system.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2009, 10:55:51 pm
Boxer, It does not bother me one little bit whether Haven sack Stokes or not, we have enough problems at Town trying to get rid of DR, but who slags off players any more than you?    Were the people who are alleged to have said these things to Stokes present today?   If not why did he feel it necessary to say these things in front of a mixed audience?   Did he give it back to those who he heard saying it last week, or whenever it was?   

At least Boxer when I post a message on here, or elsewhere, people know who I am!!!

Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2009, 10:58:49 pm
For  me  fans  seem  to  forget  what  Ged  has done  for  us.  WE  came  within  1  game  of  a  3rd  GF  when  at  the  start  of  the  season  we  were  staring  relegation  in  the  face.

Some  fans  have  short  memories ???
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2009, 11:00:55 pm by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 16 Mar 2009, 12:27:16 am
Good old Geddy boy

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 16 Mar 2009, 10:39:22 am
Not sure thats anything to be bothered about personally the bloke cares , he knows this year has been Sh**te financially. the team won and he wanted to strike back.

Personally i have taken it when i was playing , certainly dont think twice about passing an opinion and dont see why the coach should not express his opinions if any women were in there then so what its 2009 .  as for children then its the parents fault for taking them in a boozer .. its hardly Broosters.

sorry boxer but i beg to differ, geds outburst was totally uncalled for,

i am one who strongly believes everyone is allowed to criticise players and coaches if they feel it is warranted, i dont, however, believe in being personal or abusive,

stokes has made a huge error in actually stating what was said to him he should have been more restrained and not stooped to the same level as the people who called him.

i know there are, and can be a lot of foul mouthed women, but even then he should not have used the language he did, and as for children being in there, it is a CLUB not a BOOZER, if you prefer the language used go to barrajacks, dusty miller, the vine etc, these being  BOOZERS, where no doubt your language would be welcomed
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 16 Mar 2009, 10:42:00 am

At least Boxer when I post a message on here, or elsewhere, people know who I am!!!

errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm WHO ARE YOU KEITH? lol :tip:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 16 Mar 2009, 10:43:55 am
For  me  fans  seem  to  forget  what  Ged  has done  for  us.  WE  came  within  1  game  of  a  3rd  GF  when  at  the  start  of  the  season  we  were  staring  relegation  in  the  face.

Some  fans  have  short  memories ???

so because we almost got to the GF last season that makes it ok for stokes to use that kind of language in the club, in front of not only his employers, but also the people who pay his wages....... US

if he had taken a gun to a member of your family it would be ok because he nearly got us to a final??
the reverand, big mac

Offline bill wuz

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 16 Mar 2009, 11:04:04 am
what have some of you people had for breakfast this morning, you have just made liabelous statements against 3 of whitehavens public houses puppetmaster, like norn deplume admitting he had seen confidential documentation(lavulavu post), it definetley is the mad march hare season

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #29 on: 16 Mar 2009, 06:11:51 pm

he (and i know this) is all so concerned or would like the fans to know the difficulty the club has had signing players this year both because of finance and the quota ruling.

He could have signed Young from Town instead of the 2 other props and im sure all agree Young is a much better prospect than either TLLV or Tutty.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."