HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2012 and beyond some very skint teams

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 25 Sep 2009, 11:58:52 am
i cant help thinking its a blessing in disguise that we are not in a position to apply for SL in 2012, i think once the licences are awarded there will be some very unhappy and spent up teams in our league.

the rfl have already stated that at least one NL1 team will get a place in 2012 , maybe more if they increase the number of teams or eject a couple team for lack of progress(cant see them ejecting more than one) so at most 2 places up for grabs

WIDNES...i think are nailed on they have everything in place now ,ground, youth set, finances,off pitch/community stuff and they were very hard done to last time around

The other place if there is one will be between the following

Toulouse who i think will get it regardless of there set up just cause they are desperate for another french team

Barrow who i think have come to the party too late, they have done really well on field, but the ground isn't there, neither is the youth set up and i don't thin having it in place with only say 6 months to go will get the rfl votes, and after widnes and mr vaughan i think the rfl will be uneasy with one man pumping in all that is needed to keep them going and the possible out come if it doesn't work out

FAXground will be ready, but have thrown all the money at the first team with no reserves again putting it in place with a few months to go will not work also is another club from that area going to expand the game.

FevWhile powell has done a great job , i think there heading for a big fall , their gates are less than ours yet look at their squad with ex SL players and rumours that they are throwing big money around for next season as well watch this space??, with cas and wakey near by then i think its a no again and their spending will catch up with them.

you could add leigh and eagles to the same mix although both i would say are rank outsiders for different reason

so when the 2012 teams are decided i think at least 3 of these 5 maybe 4 will not be in SL having spent sheds loads of cash trying to get their, will they be able to continue doing this for another 3 years until 2015 i doubt it

as for us i have said all along the dream of SL in nice but as long as we are in the championship playing competitive rugby  i will be happy SL isn't all its made out to Be

intresting to see what fans of these clubs think 2012 holds for them if they dont get in to SL

THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HeyJathon

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:05:58 pm
Eagles sore but weasels don't get caught in jet engines!

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:39:58 pm
Wonder who this club could be nearby to you allude to ??

Seems to be turning into an obsession for some.
the only way is up.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:49:57 pm
I wouldn't rule Barrow out, they have the squad to go on winning, money to improve things around the club set up, and if the RFL want a Cumbrian club in they are in a better position than haven (geographically) to attract players and additional support and sponsorship...................